Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bugs in AMXx 0.16

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 03-25-2004 , 21:53   Bugs in AMXx 0.16

Post all bugs related to AMX Mod X 0.16 here.
Old 03-26-2004 , 12:34   Re: /top15, /rank, /statsme and so on dosent work on won

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpou
Hi, I had same problem with 0.15 did a fresh install now with 0.16 and activated all / commandos in amxmodmenu everthing works but /top15 and so on looks like crap broken html tags. Any one got it working on CS 1.5 WON ??

/Marpou
thats because 1.5 doesn't support HTML
Old 03-26-2004 , 12:56  

Only bug I have to report is in documentation

Under both Windows and Linux install it says the mod folder name for Counter-Strike is cs

when really its cstrike.

I am not sure about other mods.

Moon!
Old 03-27-2004 , 17:18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PASARAN
My server randomnly crash witth AMXX 0.16 and MMX3 when players use shields. Not always, but often.

I think its error in csstats module, because same symptomes I saw before AMX 0.9.8 was released.
Our dedicated servers as well as 4 others I know of (a mix of linux & win32) have not been able to use shields and AMX, it has been this way since we went to CS 1.6. The servers will randomly crash when the shielder dies, not every time they die but to often to allow shields to be used.

I was told by one admin that is was directly related to AMX because he went back to adminmod and can now run his server with shields and no random crashes. I posted this at AMX a while back but there was no reply to the post.

We are watching AMXX closely in hopes that it will fix this bug, I do not want to go back to adminmod.
XAD
Old 03-27-2004 , 17:30  

[quote="Moon!"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PASARAN
My server randomnly crash witth AMXX 0.16 and MMX3 when players use shields. Not always, but often.
Hey, what OS and version are you running on (on the old glibc 2.2)??
I have tested the shield "bug" and found out that on my old OS installation, using glibc 2.2 (Slackware 8.1 and Debian stable) it crashed with AMXmod (updated 0.9.6j for steam) but now when I upgraded to Slackware 9.1 and recompiled MetaMod + AMXmod it works fine. All tests without any plugins + the latest working with TeamBalancer (PTB).

/X
BAILOPAN
Old 03-27-2004 , 17:32  

XAD, how do you think that could be related? that is interesting that recompiling on a different compiler could magically fix it

I compiled csstats on debian stable, Pentium 2-200MHz, glibc2.2
Old 03-27-2004 , 17:49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
XAD, how do you think that could be related? that is interesting that recompiling on a different compiler could magically fix it
No it's both a new compiler, but more important a new version of glibc (and others). Do you remember that some people had problem with csstats on glibc 2.2, but only some people and I think mostly on SuSE.

Think there some issues with how OLO recoded AMXmod between 0.9.3 and 0.9.6j. He did a quite recode of csstats to "sort" of Object orientet which started the problems, and my guess he did the same thing (ie recode) for the versions of AMXmod after 0.9.3...

For the reason of "magically" recompile fix, I would say I wouldn't be suprised as the code is not that "pure" (good code should not report compiler warnings, especially as these are sort of "lazy" code "errors"). In my job I have been in contact with code that has been working if you compiled it with debugger support but not otherwise due to hard to find coding errors so I would guess this code can have these type of errors too. We should remember that it was coded by one person and even if he is good it's normally not ensuring for quality. Also he coded it to make it work not to be easy maintainable or very easy to read (based on the comments or often lack of it and the way it is coded).
NOTE! This is not saying he did a bad job or anything like that, I still think he does very good and smart code but maybee not the best "open source" .

/X
Terran
Old 03-28-2004 , 10:23  

Another bug which I noticed with AMX at first and now with AMXX:

Background:
I run a public CS server with bots and AMXX (debian linux 3.0/testing/glibc2.3). I wrote a balancer plugin which adds and removes bots automatically whenever humans join or leave.

Problem:
After some connects/disconnects AMXX gets "confused" about who is on the server. E.g. a few rounds ago there was a bot named "Henry" at the server. This bot is now kicked because a human named "John" has joined. But AMXX didn't noticed that, it still believes that the human "John" is the bot "Henry"!
This happens only after some joins/leaves and is disappeares after a mapchange but reappeares again after some joins/leaves.
One consequence of this is that those humans cannot use any menus or commands and plugins like PTB ignore them.
I tracked this problem a little bit down to the player initialisation code of AMX(X) but wasn't able to fix ist so far (due to lack of time).
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2004 , 05:40  

I don't know, WON is prio -1 and we have other more pressing stuff on our agenda.

---

Added to known bugs:

s/get_offset* doesn't work for players (should work without problems for any other type of entity) because of a small mistake.
Cstrike dll crashes when natives from it are used on players in client_connect.
DopeFish
Old 03-30-2004 , 14:00  

get_user_weapons() still doesn't work right. linux glibc 2.2

Code:
/* * Test Script */ #include <amxmodx> #include <fun> #include <engine> #include <cstrike> public plugin_init() {         register_plugin("Debug Strip Weapons","1.0","dopy")         register_event("ResetHUD", "new_round", "b")         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public new_round(id) {         new origin[3]         new iweapons[32], wpname[32], inum         get_user_weapons(id,iweapons,inum)         client_print(id,print_chat, "[DEBUG] Beam me down scotty and throw away thoose %d weapons", inum)         get_user_origin(id,origin)         origin[2] -= 2000         set_user_origin(id,origin)         for(new a=0;a<inum;++a){                 client_print(id,print_chat, "[DEBUG] Weapon %d is %d",a,iweapons[a])                 if( iweapons[a] != CSW_C4){                         get_weaponname(iweapons[a],wpname,31)                         client_print(id,print_chat, "[DEBUG] Throw away that %s",wpname)                         client_cmd(id,"drop",wpname)                 }         }         client_cmd(id,"weapon_knife")         origin[2] += 2005         set_user_origin(id,origin)         return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

problem still exists, see debugging posted here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...73333333333333
Send a message via ICQ to DopeFish
Closed Thread