Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Crashing server due to csstats module needed!!

Post New Thread Reply   

XAD
Old 04-05-2004 , 09:55   Crashing server due to csstats module needed!!
Reply With Quote #1

I'm working on a new version of the csstats module (as part of the AMX Mod X Dev. Team).
I now need someone who have crashing problems with the current version and is willing to run some tests (so far it has been glibc 2.2 servers).

The server must be stable without the current csstats module and preferrable no other MetaMod plugins (such as hlbooster, chicken, clanmod, ...), be running on linux, AND be a CS server ( ).

The first test will be a "silent" test, ie with no visable features. The reason is that I want to make sure I have a core that is stable and then work from there (as no-one so far has identified the cause of the problem).

If you are willing to help out then please also post the number of max players, linux version, and if you have server root access.

TIA
/XAD, AMX Mod X Dev. Team
NO PASARAN
Old 04-05-2004 , 10:17  
Reply With Quote #2

Sorry for my off-topic, but I have win2k server, which has same bug with csstats module.

Will you fix it in next windows version or it's only linux decision?

thx
XAD
Old 04-05-2004 , 11:50  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO PASARAN
Sorry for my off-topic, but I have win2k server, which has same bug with csstats module.

Will you fix it in next windows version or it's only linux decision?

thx
Oh, sorry this is not a linux vs windows issue... it's that I have only seen crash reported on some glibc 2.2 linux servers...

For the moment I will focus on the linux "version" (only because it's my development platform) but the code will not be coded for linux so later on I will need some test by people with Windows cstats-crashing servers...

/X
_KaszpiR_
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-06-2004 , 04:40  
Reply With Quote #4

can be with bots?
i guess you would prefer with live humans...
Old 04-06-2004 , 17:44  
Reply With Quote #5

I would like to help. I think I know stats module a little I can add bomb events
I think that there is a problem with csstats.amx file and stats reset.
Send a message via AIM to SidLuke Send a message via MSN to SidLuke
xmdxtremekiller
Old 04-06-2004 , 20:08  
Reply With Quote #6

i can do some tests on my cz winxp server if you want?
XAD
Old 04-07-2004 , 07:35  
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for your responses: NO PASARAN, _KaszpiR_, SidLuke, xmdxtremekiller.

But what I'm looking for the moment is not regular testing of the new version but test if it will fix the problems on a broken server, as I posted in the first post.
Quote:
I now need someone who have crashing problems with the current version and is willing to run some tests (so far it has been glibc 2.2 servers).
Unfortenately no one with a crashing-server has responded (except "NO PASARAN" who is running on Windows), so either it mean there are no problems anymore or they don't care.
Either way if no one having problem is willing to help with tests, I don't see any reason for us to spend more time on them.

/X

PS! For regular testing on the new version there will hopefully be an AMX Mod X Test Team established. (Anyone of you responded in this thread, please check if you would like to become part of the Test Team.)
NiLuJe
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2004 , 13:39  
Reply With Quote #8

Have a linux server under glibc 2.2, it doesn't crash, but it always "drops" the stats of certain players (especially 3 members of my team : their stats are resteed at every changemap Oo ) so, i don't know if it can help you, but i cold test your version
Send a message via MSN to NiLuJe
DoubleDoom
Old 04-07-2004 , 15:40  
Reply With Quote #9

I would offer as you know we did have problems in the past. However, since upgrading to redhat 9 (and consequently glib2.3) stats have been stable.
[nFb]GraveKeeper
Old 04-08-2004 , 16:59  
Reply With Quote #10

I have a 16 man public CS Server hosted by: http://www.gamedaemons.net which is located in N.Y.C. USA on a Linux 2.2. My server host is one of the best games hosts in America. I do not run any mods other then v1.17X3 Linux and AMXX 0.16x

I do have access to the root half-life directory but that's as far as I can go.
Send a message via AIM to [nFb]GraveKeeper