Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

ForgiveTK

Post New Thread Reply   

imported_windy
Old 06-18-2006 , 10:08  
Reply With Quote #31

Finally I can register to this forum and post something i am wanting to do for months!

Ok, firstly I'd like to thank you EKS for this great plugin

I'd just like to report that that when someone types 'FF' it reports that it is on twice.

One of the more serious issues we notice on our Linux server is that even though we have the option to slay switched off in the .cfg (the cfg is set for 'No punishment') this option to slay sometimes comes back as an option when it should'nt .

When the server is rebooted the problem goes away for a short period of time.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2006 , 10:58  
Reply With Quote #32

hmm, odd. Are you sure there is no other plugin that either manualy replys to say ff? ( like mani)

And if the punish option comes back on, id check the cvar via rcon. You most likely have executed a cfg file with it in. Or perhaps one of your admins has manualy enabled it?
imported_windy
Old 06-18-2006 , 11:49  
Reply With Quote #33

I do have mani mod running, all the TK settings are disabled, when someone types 'FF' the message in the top left hand corner comes up 'Friendly fire is on' and in the bottom lefthand corner 'Friend Fire is ON' appears twice, sometimes more.

Not sure how I disable the mani mod FF, if indeed it is clashing with it.

Here is my FTKConfig.cfg

Quote:
// ForgiveTK Config file
echo [ForgiveTK] Loading ForgiveTK Config file

ftk_option 1
// 0 = System Disabled
// 1 = Enable the TK system ( Menu powered)
// 2 = Enable the TK system ( Chat powered)
// 3 = Only responds to say ff in chat, does not track teamkills ( Requires mapchange to function correctly )

ftk_punishoption 0 // What punishment should be given to players if their not forgiven when they TK ( Only with menu powered system)
// 0 = No punishment
// 1 = User is slayed when not forgiven
// 2 = Takes 50% of users Health

ftk_action 1440 // What action is taken when a player goes above his allowed TK count
// 0= Player is kicked, and number above this will be the players ban time");

ftk_spawnprotection 10 // How many seconds after spawn instant action is taken if a player is hurt by someone on his team

ftk_teamkillcustom "" // A custom text to be used in chat text to forgive team kills, only updated on mapchange
ftk_teamattackcustom "" // A custom text to be used in chat text to forgive team attack, only updated on mapchange

ftk_teamattackcount 10 // How many team attack counts as 1 teamkill
ftk_teamkillcount 5 // How many team kills is required before the user is kicked
This is the only 'cfg file, I am the only admin with rcon and I have not triggered any cvars to switch it on or off, I will check straight away when I notice it next time.

Thanks for any help, if you want to see for yourself, heres my DoD:Source (Linux) server :

195.20.109.87:27015

If you have problems joining, pm me your steam ID I will setup a reserved slot for you..we are usually full you see
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2006 , 07:30  
Reply With Quote #34

Il bet you its mani that gives the text in the upper corner + 1 extra in chat.

On another note, i assume Mani has a buildt in system to handle TK`s. So you proberbly dont need this plugins.
This plugin intented more for ppl that use a modular setup. ( IE one of the other "smaller" admin plugins.)
imported_windy
Old 06-19-2006 , 12:40  
Reply With Quote #35

I find mani mods TK system inferior to yours, that why I use yours ;)

Yes the message in the top left is Mani's FF notification.

I have a test server which is an exact mirror to my main server in terms of the installations and settings. I disabled mani mod, the problem of the multiple 'Friend Fire is On' notifications was still evident. So I disabled matties event scripts and the problem went away.

Not sure if mani mod is clashing with your plugin as everything is switched off to do with TK/punishments, last night when I noticed the option to slay come back I typed :

ftk_punishoption

It returned...

"ftk_punishoption" = "0"
- What punishment should be given to players if their not forgiven when they TK ( Only with menu powered system)
0 = No punishment
1 = User is slayed when not forgiven
2 = Takes 50% of users Health

Maybe this problem arises when someone does a TK in spawn and gets slayed.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2006 , 13:51  
Reply With Quote #36

you will have to check the mani configs and see if you can disalbe the reply to ff there? Or perhaps have it reply to something other then say ff

Other then that, FTK only reads the cvars on mapchange. Check all your configs and make sure you dont have diffrent values somewhere. I see that FTK does not force the cfg file to execte but rather add it to a que that could result in a change in the .cfg file could take a mapchange to become effective.
Does this bug when punishment become active happen after a map crash perhaps?
imported_windy
Old 06-19-2006 , 14:23  
Reply With Quote #37

I have checked my configs, nothing seems amiss.

I think everything works ok until someone TK's in spawn, gets slayed, then the option to slay becomes available in the FTK menu from there onwards.

This problem occurs in the latest FTK version 1.1.4, I think the version before this, 1.1.3 did not do it as much.

Maybe it is not your plugin at all, perhaps it is the latest update of SRCDS, because I have noticed the mapchange 'skip' bug as come back as well.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2006 , 14:53  
Reply With Quote #38

If you team attack inside the team protection time. You get auto slayed

If you kill someone inside X time, SRCDS kicks you. But what you talk about is the menu actualy showing the slay option right?
imported_windy
Old 06-19-2006 , 16:36  
Reply With Quote #39

Yes.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 02:27  
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
Yes.
Yes what