Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Gun-Game FFA

Post New Thread Reply   

steeZ
Old 03-12-2008 , 19:15   Gun-Game FFA
Reply With Quote #1

Hi...

I searched through this forum, and I did find a mention of gun game with free for all mode, which Avalanche kind of dismissed, saying that it probably won't be added, but may work with FFA enabled in BAILOPAN's CSDM. The thread has since been locked, thus I am unable to reply there.

SO.... I am running the latest stable version of both Gungame and CSDM, with the deathmatch mode in gg disabled, and CSDM enabled, along with FFA in CSDM enabled.

It seems that the two do not work in tandem as far as free for all mode is concerned. You still only receive points for killing the opposite team, although the radar is scrambled like it would be in an FFA.

So, I'd just like to reiterate that there are definately people who would enjoy a FFA style gungame... whether it be through compatibility with the functionality already built into CSDM, or into the next version of GG....

Just a hope and suggestion. Thank you and BAILOPAN for all your work on these plugins, they are spectacular
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2008 , 20:03   Re: Gun-Game FFA
Reply With Quote #2

Someone asked for it (possibly you), and so without fully supporting FFA (because you would have to account for the less damage from team attacks), I changed it in 2.10 so that if you set gg_tk_penalty to -1 then it will treat team kills just like regular kills.

If you try that with CSDM's FFA mode then hopefully it will work out. Let me know.