Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2016 , 20:05   [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #1

There are certain maps that are notorious for having stuck tanks that often suicide because they can't move or see the survivors via line of sight.

c2m5_concert
c1m4_atrium
c3m4_plantation

etc etc

What I would be interested in is a plugin that detects when the tank spawns in, then give it like 5-10 seconds suicide time and if its not near the survivors, teleport it near the survivors, but only within reason.

Not sure how plausible this idea is. I think it would make most sense to work on any maps, in particular finales where tanks die often.

Last edited by Sev; 04-07-2016 at 20:05.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2016 , 01:02   Re: [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #2

I could help you with that, Sev. I could work on a plugin like that and ll I need to do is add checks if tanks can't move, and if it returns true, get the survivors' distance and teleport the said tanks ahead of them.
midnight9
Old 01-03-2018 , 14:25   Re: [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #3

Have you ever had a chance to make it cravenge?
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2018 , 19:15   Re: [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #4

Due to how cluttered my hard drive is now (a folder that has over 1000-2000 .sp files), I'd say between never and not even once.
midnight9
Old 01-08-2018 , 11:23   Re: [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #5

Hehe. There is a weird rare bug where tank gets stuck underground when the person who becomes tank, is jockey and attack right before he turns into tank i think. I was not able to reproduce the bug, but several players described the bug in the same way so i was looking into the solution for this hence i found this topic.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2018 , 03:50   Re: [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #6

How about turning the tanks into ghosts and the player will manually spawn it?

Since Concert cannot allow a tank to be a ghost, setting a spawn place for all tanks should work, or multiple and picking a random one. Thoughts?
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2018 , 03:29   Re: [L4D2] Teleport stuck tanks close to survivors...but not too close...
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight9 View Post
[...]
I see what you mean and yes, I have encountered that before.

When your timing is precise, you take over a tank at the same time you have ridden a survivor as a jockey, you will find yourself spawned below the map.