Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Tag w/ Team Switching (l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

dumbnoobisdumb
Old 02-16-2017 , 12:33   Tag w/ Team Switching (l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1

So my husband swears he played this version of Hunter Tag years ago, but I've searched high and low and found nothing quite like what he describes. However, dumb noob is dumb, so I may have missed it. I tried making a mutation to recreate it and had some success, but I ran into several limitations, so I thought I would try to create a plugin for his server. Having read about a thousand pages of coding and scripting guides (and awakened some sort of latent dyslexia), there are still several elements I can't figure how to incorporate.

According to my husband's (admittedly shoddy) memory, Hunter Tag operated like so:

1. We start with 7 survivors and 1 infected. (As in regular versus mode, infected respawn, survivors do not.)

2. All infected are hunters.

3. A successful hunter scratch on a survivor instantly incaps that survivor. (This would be adjusting hunter scratch damage to 100, correct?)

4. A successful hunter pounce instantly kills a survivor. (Would this be done by setting hunter pounce damage to an arbitrarily high number like 1000? Or by equating a survivor's "capped" status with death?)

5. A survivor, upon dying, is then switched to the infected team. (According to a few seasoned mutation developers I chatted with, this is not possible within the realm of mutations alone.)

6. [Optional] Sudden/Perma- death mode: When one survivor remains, hunters no longer respawn, meaning that technically team survivor can win, if the lone survivor can kill all spawned hunters.

7. [Optional] Points System. My husband's memory is pretty vague on this, but I assume it would be something like: Survivor kills hunter - 2, Survivor revives survivor - 1, Hunter kills survivor - 2, Hunter incaps survivor - 1. Points wouldn't really mean anything, just, you know, bragging rights.

8. Miscellaneous things (most of which I know or can figure out how to do, but I'll include for information's sake):
- Some scattered common infected, but no crescendo events or giant hordes
- No throwables
- No chainsaws or grenade launchers
- T1 guns only
- A plethora of melee weapons in the saferoom

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading.

- Nicole