Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Bots no respawning properly

Post New Thread Reply   

Cthen
Old 12-23-2015 , 20:06   [TF2] Bots no respawning properly
Reply With Quote #1

Ever since the Tough Break update hit, the bots on my server will not spawn properly. 1 or 2 sometimes leave spawn but when they go to change their class, they stay in spawn and not even fully re-spawn.

The bots appear to look invisible but you can see their weapons while they are not moving in spawn. If I kick them enough times, a few more will come out but the rest remain in spawn invisible with just the weapons showing. I tried other maps and the same result is hit or miss. On some maps the bots work just fine, on others, they do the same thing.

Anyone know what Valve screwed up this time?

Edit: I did already did try generating the .nav files again for the maps but the result is still same.

Last edited by Cthen; 12-23-2015 at 20:07.
Cthen
Old 12-25-2015 , 01:58   Re: [TF2] Bots no respawning properly [Solved]
Reply With Quote #2

After playing around with things, I found it to be this plugin here.... https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1539933

I have another server with no bots for regular game play. So I generated a .nav file for it and added 16 bots to it. The bots performed just fine there. Then I took notice that all their weapons were stock as to where on the practice server, bots used all available weapons. I disabled the plugin mentioned above, smote the bots, and they moved right out of spawn and started fighting again with stock weapons.

It's a shame that the plugin is no longer supported and still has memory leaks. I've used it for quite a while and it was nice that the bots used the same weapons that players have.