Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
NgBUCKWANGS
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Hook up those extra slots on your server
    Old 02-12-2017 , 13:24   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
    It doesn't respect the cfg it creates for me for some reason. I had to use sourcemod cfg instead of the plugin one
    Is it a particuliar cvar that is not respected? Is this on Windows or Linux? I've just changed every cvar on my Linux test server and ran exec sourcemod/abm.cfg and every change was respected. Is the cvar maybe being overridden elsewhere?

If you're trying to mess with a cvar through the console, it'll be overridden on the next map load. If you want to lock a cvar through the console, prefix the value with -l. That's a lowercase L e.g., "abm_extraplayers -l 4". Doing this, you'll keep getting extra players on every map load until the server restarts in which case it'll fall back to what's in abm.cfg.
    kot4404
    Old 02-12-2017 , 14:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    Is it a particuliar cvar that is not respected? Is this on Windows or Linux? I've just changed every cvar on my Linux test server and ran exec sourcemod/abm.cfg and every change was respected. Is the cvar maybe being overridden elsewhere?

If you're trying to mess with a cvar through the console, it'll be overridden on the next map load. If you want to lock a cvar through the console, prefix the value with -l. That's a lowercase L e.g., "abm_extraplayers -l 4". Doing this, you'll keep getting extra players on every map load until the server restarts in which case it'll fall back to what's in abm.cfg.
    The config just doesn't automatically get executed, I didn't override it anywhere and I use windows
    Everyone spawns with the basic shotgun, adrenaline etc.

Last edited by kot4404; 02-12-2017 at 14:15.
    MasterMind420
    BANNED
    Old 02-12-2017 , 15:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    The config just doesn't automatically get executed, I didn't override it anywhere and I use windows
    Windows or Linux?
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 02-12-2017 , 15:33   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Code:
    abm_consumable "pain_pills"
    abm_extraplayers "4"
    abm_healitem "defibrillator"
    abm_loglevel "1"
    abm_minplayers "4"
    abm_primaryweapon "rifle"
    abm_secondaryweapon "katana"
    abm_spawninterval "18"
    abm_tankchunkhp "1001"
    abm_throwable "molotov"
    abm_zoey "1"
    I've just applied the above to abm.cfg on a Windows server and it all got picked up. I'm not sure why it's not working for you and if anyone knows what might be happening here, I will certainly appreciate some help.
    kot4404
    Old 02-12-2017 , 15:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    Code:
    abm_consumable "pain_pills"
    abm_extraplayers "4"
    abm_healitem "defibrillator"
    abm_loglevel "1"
    abm_minplayers "4"
    abm_primaryweapon "rifle"
    abm_secondaryweapon "katana"
    abm_spawninterval "18"
    abm_tankchunkhp "1001"
    abm_throwable "molotov"
    abm_zoey "1"
    I've just applied the above to abm.cfg on a Windows server and it all got picked up. I'm not sure why it's not working for you and if anyone knows what might be happening here, I will certainly appreciate some help.
    Edit, lol it just doesn't work when you leave some cvars with " " blank
    I tried to remove primary weapon and the adrenaline by making it blank. If you don't give any weapon name it goes with the default ones
    writing any random thing inside the " spams NULL Ent 'weapon_0' in GiveNamedItem! in console but works

Last edited by kot4404; 02-12-2017 at 16:20.
    kot4404
    Old 02-12-2017 , 16:01   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #6

I wasn't adding space inside it, I just used it to make it more visible in the post :v
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-12-2017 , 16:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #7

If a server is running too many plugins. Sometimes it won't obey the cvars in the plugin cfgs and you have to set them inside the server.cfg as well and even vice versa.

That's with any plugin though.
    MasterMind420
    BANNED
    Old 02-12-2017 , 16:51   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    If a server is running too many plugins. Sometimes it won't obey the cvars in the plugin cfgs and you have to set them inside the server.cfg as well and even vice versa.

yah as far as i know this is just a Linux issue

I just put this near the end of server.cfg

exec "sourcemod/l4d2_thirdperson_melee.cfg"

for every plugin config i have, works like a charm...
    Lux
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-12-2017 , 18:53   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post

This happens when the server text buffer is full i think.

you may want to delay your configs from being used by like 5 to 10secs so loading map and stuff can finish

worked for me

Commission me for L4D
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 02-12-2017 , 17:05   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #10

kot4404 I'll look into the issue a bit more. Sev, thanks for the advice and what to look out for next time. MasterMind420 that sounds like a brilliant tip and there should be no downside to this, right?