Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)

Post New Thread Reply   

m0r0n
Old 08-13-2008 , 14:27   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #191

Thanks for the plugin, it's working great so far. I just put it up yesterday and it's already logged a good amount of ratings: http://www.wcgaming.com/mapratings.php

Next step is to install the mapvote plugin to take advantage of these ratings.
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2008 , 14:39   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #192

anyone can help me with getting that working on last page
Old 08-13-2008 , 18:50   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
Here's my clan's implementation of this:
http://yinyarr.com/Map_Ratings.aspx
I'm still getting this

Quote:
Warning: file() [function.file]: connect() failed: Connection timed out in /home/content/p/h/o/photogd/html/maprate.php5 on line 66

Warning: file(ftp://[email protected]/69.12.92.177 port 27015/ZPS/addons/sourcemod/data/sqlite/maprate.sq3) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Operation now in progress in /home/content/p/h/o/photogd/html/maprate.php5 on line 66

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchObject() on a non-object in /home/content/p/h/o/photogd/html/maprate.php5 on line 74
here is the file

http://cpclan.com/maprate.php5
Old 08-13-2008 , 21:29   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
It'll work with mysql if you remove the 2 FTP lines and then change the "new PDO" connection string to use mysql instead of sqlite. You'll also have to put in username/pass/etc in that connection string, so you'd have to look into the PDO documentation for mysql. I'd do it for you, but frankly I don't have the time.

Your page isn't loading for me, but to get a single map's data you'd have to make a few modifications. I'd just change the first query from "SELECT * FROM map_ratings" to "SELECT * FROM map_ratings WHERE map='cp_dustbowl'". Then you don't have to loop through the maps in the 2nd query... just select the map by changing "$mapname = $row->map" to "$mapname = 'cp_dustbowl'";

Seems complicated if you don't know PHP, but I'd suggest finding someone with basic PHP knowledge and they'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
I got the PDO to work. But it isn't actually building any ratings.
The PDO string looks like this for any other mySQL users
Code:
$db = new PDO("mysql:host=host ip or localhost;dbname=the name of the database", 
            user, password);
The page is located at http://highsocietygaming.net/maprate/maprate2.php
flubber
Old 08-14-2008 , 04:10   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #195

1 - I was wondering how to force a vote via console, i use a modified adminmenu.smx and the option is not showing, i tried "sm_all_maprate" but it answer unknow command.
2 - When i rate the map, everything goes fine, but the menu close slowly sometimes i have to press 2-3 times the rate button, ping between serveur and database are pretty correct 0.250ms average) so i don't get it.

Last edited by flubber; 08-14-2008 at 05:36.
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2008 , 20:11   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #196

seriously i really *need* the php output working for i can display ratings online.

I tried the version posted by ChillyWI earlier for those of us using sqlite, and it doesn't work for me no matter how i configure it or what i do.

I then tried to even reconfigure the actual maprate plugin for it would use my webhost's mysql database instead, and even though everything is configured correctly, the plugin fails to load and says "cannot connect to database" or some shit like that in game.

so now i'm back to using the sqlite database for my maprate plugin, and trying to get ChillyWI's php output version working.
I am willing to send $5.00 tip to anyone that can help me get this working.

I am doing everything correctly, but the shit is just not working. my luck as usual
Old 08-14-2008 , 20:30   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #197

ff

Last edited by FunTF2Server; 08-14-2008 at 20:40.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-14-2008 , 20:33   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTF2Server View Post
seriously i really *need* the php output working for i can display ratings online.

I tried the version posted by ChillyWI earlier for those of us using sqlite, and it doesn't work for me no matter how i configure it or what i do.

I then tried to even reconfigure the actual maprate plugin for it would use my webhost's mysql database instead, and even though everything is configured correctly, the plugin fails to load and says "cannot connect to database" or some shit like that in game.

so now i'm back to using the sqlite database for my maprate plugin, and trying to get ChillyWI's php output version working.
I am willing to send $5.00 tip to anyone that can help me get this working.

I am doing everything correctly, but the shit is just not working. my luck as usual
Use your webhost's mysql, making sure you turn on remote connections. Either all, or preferably only from your gameserver, then use the sample code in the first post. My guess is that your plugin isn't connecting because of the remote connection issue.
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2008 , 21:30   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Use your webhost's mysql, making sure you turn on remote connections. Either all, or preferably only from your gameserver, then use the sample code in the first post. My guess is that your plugin isn't connecting because of the remote connection issue.
ok i figured out that my host (godaddy.com) doesnt allow remote mysql connections, so mysql is out and i have to use sqlite with sourcemod
Old 08-16-2008 , 15:29   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #200

It looks like your FTP string is wrong. Here's mine with just the username and password changed:

Code:
$database = file("ftp://username:[email protected]/tf/8.12.19.122:27015/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/data/sqlite/sourcemod-local.sq3");
The first 4 numbers after the @ is your IP address. The rest is the path on your FTP server to the file. If you need more help PM me all of your info excluding your password and I'll get it set for you.