Grabber:SM

Post New Thread Reply   

naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2008 , 17:09   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by el hippo View Post
Why not just release the object if they are touching it? You should be able to do this by hooking 'OnPlayerTouch' with HookEntityOutput.
Well, you tend to bump into the object all the time while you are carrying it, this would cause you to constantly drop it and have to pick it back up again
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-07-2008 , 17:13   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTF2Server View Post
there's an exploit with this, people can get on top of something wide and flat, like a pallet or crate, and then use +grab on it, then they can fly around like it's a spacecraft. I kid you not, I've seen it twice in my server. They use it to get on top of things that normally you can't get on. It's hilarious to see, but a big exploit.
You should see this being done with sentries in TF2. We have "little battlecruisers of death" as engineer fly their sentries around in our SourceCraft server. I have put in a time limit so they don't completely rule the server.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2008 , 18:49   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
i figured out how they do the exploit. You just stand on the object, grab it, then keep pressing your jump key. You can literally fly to wherever you want to go, and basically control it.. its so easy too.

HUGE exploit with this.

Any way to fix it?
I've uploaded a new version which has a convar causing the player to drop their object if they jump.
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2008 , 19:50   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke View Post
I've uploaded a new version which has a convar causing the player to drop their object if they jump.
Woo! good thinking L Duke and thanks, you never fail to deliver.

Hey, if I want to modify the plugin for it checks what weapon they are carrying before they use +throw, what would I need to add to the code, and where do I add it?

I just want it for only people with the weapon "baseballbat" equipped can do +throw, and everyone else can only +grab.

I'm trying to make a baseball game server on a baseball map, and when they do +throw it throws the ball.
Old 08-08-2008 , 10:07   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail View Post
Add plz Dissolve players
Why do you keep saying that? What do you mean?
FunTF2Server
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2008 , 15:46   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Hey, if I want to modify the plugin for it checks what weapon they are carrying before they use +throw, what would I need to add to the code, and where do I add it?

I just want it for only people with the weapon "baseballbat" equipped can do +throw, and everyone else can only +grab.
bump on this question, surely someone must know, i'm not asking for anyone to do the coding for me, just how i can do it.
Old 08-18-2008 , 05:56   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
I have enhanced this plugin for use with TF2. The modifications allow you to pickup (& throw) the engineer's buildings (teleporter, dispenser & sentry gun). Apparently, you can also pick up cabinets.

I also added more sounds for when you throw something, when there is nothing to pickup and when attempting to pickup something that has been disallowed.

I also added a native interface so this can be called from other plugins. THe native interface can also be used give a "gravgun" to specific players. zgrabber.inc defines this interface for the other plugins.

Has this plugin been known to crash servers? Because my server dosen't seem to like that plugin, and crashes when everyone uses it as engineer.

Thanks,

Lord Max
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-18-2008 , 19:01   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Max View Post
Has this plugin been known to crash servers? Because my server dosen't seem to like that plugin, and crashes when everyone uses it as engineer.
No, We have not had any crashes due to this plugin that I am aware of.
jockersoft
Old 08-23-2008 , 03:08   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #39

This plugin is simply brilliant!

I made a short gameplay video of Grabber for TF2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgh89brZo4
Same video, but at high quality
http://www.noobflicks.com/watch/2445...eam_fortress_2
YellowCakeKlan
Old 08-23-2008 , 17:19   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #40

i found that people can still use this to fly around on objects, when they get on top of huge physics objects like the dumpster, they don't have to press jump, it automatically makes them fly anyway

but your jump+drop fix works fine for smaller and normal sized objects

but maybe you can look into fixing it for bigger objects too some how.

also i too would like to see a way to make it for only people with a certain weapon equipped can do +throw too.