Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread

Post New Thread Reply   

Antithasys
Old 09-05-2011 , 20:12   Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #1

I have been working on a replacement for Simple Chat Colors over the past week. There were many things that lead to this, but mainly the original plugin got really bloated and still didn't achieve everything that I wanted.

So, the entire thing got rewritten. I am posting the beta here in this section as a request to the community to help me test and improve it. Here are the details on the new plugins.

Simple Chat Processor

This plugin is considered the core plugin. It provides the global forward and the natives for the other plugins to use and manipulate chat.

Source | Include | Plugin | No Config | Phrases

Simple Chat Colors (redo)

This plugin uses the above natives to apply tags and colors to players names and chat. There are no override commands, or cvars. It now uses the SMLIB colors include file as well. This is a very different plugin from the previous versions.

Source | Plugin | Config | No Phrases

Simple Chat Filter

This plugin uses the above forward to filter players messages. It uses a contains method to search the message string and then filter any words.

Simple Chat Responses

This plugin uses the above forward and responds to players chat messages. The search method can either be exact match or contains.

Simple Chat All Dead

This plugin uses the above forward and natives to change who receives the chat message. Currently this is the only plugin with a cvar... it determines the dead chat method.

Source | Plugin | No Config | No Phrases

Simple Chat Me

This plugin uses the above forward to do IRC style actions with /me. Note this is not a command, and doesn't interfere with logging it like a chat message.

Source | Plugin | No Config | No Phrases

Right now the SVN could be updated frequently but you can follow changes here. I am pretty sure these plugins are in good shape, at least a late stage beta. Right now the processor only supports saytext2, but I may add saytext as well. You do not need all the translation files, just the ones for your mod.

So testers and ideas are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-09-2011 at 20:36. Reason: added plugin
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-05-2011 , 20:45   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #2

As posted from other thread...

I found a small bug with the { symbol. If someone has { in their name or writes it in chat, it will display a random letter in their name. Look at the screenshot...

As for the {O} it shows a colour box on the TF2 line and same for {L} but it doesn't work either.
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-06-2011 , 10:38   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #3

Found this in my error logs. Works fine but then this error shows up and the whole plugin no longer shows coloured names/tags.

PHP Code:
L 09/05/2011 23:01:48: [SMNative "GetClientUserId" reportedClient index 0 is invalid
L 09
/05/2011 23:01:48: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "simple-chatprocessor.smx":
L 09/05/2011 23:01:48: [SM]   [0]  Line 294C:\compiler\simple-chatprocessor.sp::OnSayText2() 
Antithasys
Old 09-06-2011 , 12:43   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #4

Is there a pattern to that? I am guessing that is coming up whenever you try to use {L} in the colors plugin.

EDIT:

SVN updated. Processor changed to no longer user userid for the message. This doesn't work when the sender has to be the world for the color {L}

EDIT:

Versioning added to version constants based upon SVN Rev #. This should help people know if they are using the latest version. The links above point to the SVN and always get you the latest version.

EDIT:

Have made a ton of changes. Especially to to the responses plugin. I also added Simple Chat Me for irc /me actions.

Last edited by Antithasys; 09-09-2011 at 20:33.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2011 , 20:37   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #5

This is coming along really nicely.

Thanks for all the hard work!
Old 09-09-2011 , 21:06   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #6

I am really looking for a extensive test with the All Dead plugin. That is the only one I cannot test myself. Requires cycling through the different modes with both alive and dead players on both teams. If someone can test that, I will publish all of these in the New Plugins section this weekend. Right now, everything is working like a charm (as far as I know).

This is such a major improvement that I would like to get it published soon!

Dave830
Old 09-11-2011 , 09:16   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #7

I have a problem that happens rarely: when someone sends a chat message, their chat log gets spammed with the message.

The server is running simple chat colors, simple chat filter, simple chat processors, and simple chat responses, all version 0.1.0

Last edited by Dave830; 09-11-2011 at 09:23.
Antithasys
Old 09-11-2011 , 13:22   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #8

This doesn't has anything to do with logging... only the display of the message. By the time these plugins kick in, logging etc has already occurred.

The version that is in the approved section had to do logging due to the method used to recreate chat. This version does not.

Mitchell
~lick~
Old 09-11-2011 , 14:14   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #9

Ok im not sure if im the one having the problem but nothing is happening when some one chats..
Quote:
L 09/11/2011 - 15:06:05: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 09/11/2011 - 15:06:05: [SM] Native "Format" reported: Language phrase "Cstrike_Chat_All" not found
L 09/11/2011 - 15:06:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "simple-chatprocessor.smx":
L 09/11/2011 - 15:06:05: [SM] [0] Line 346, C:\compiler\simple-chatprocessor.sp::ResendMessage()

Last edited by Mitchell; 09-11-2011 at 15:13.
Antithasys
Old 09-11-2011 , 15:50   Re: Simple Chat Processor/Colors/Filter/Responses/AllDead Dev Thread
Reply With Quote #10

That phrase is found in the scp.cstrike.phrases file. I just double checked and its there. Make sure you have that file. The link is above. There is error processing to make sure that file is there and available to load. Check for that log message when you load the plugin. Also, remember that if you load a plugin after the server loads a map, and that plugin has a translation file, you will have to reload the map to get the translation file loaded.