Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Introduction

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

EthicalHacker007
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2014 , 12:10   Introduction

Hello all. I'm using forums for the first time. I've read the rules and info about BBcode. Is there anything else that I should read? A test

Testing whether color code works

I had few doubts too.

I'm reading threads on this forums since months. I thought that I should learn C++ and then join these forums but don't know I was much excited today. However I'll learn C++ and Pawn alongside. As this is my first forums moderators can show me if I do something wrong. BTW what does those numbers represent besides name in approved plugins, something like this

Emp` (115)
Arkshine (86)
Exolent[jNr] (179)

and many more.

And one more doubt about this karma system. Basic explanation would be good for me.

Thanks for reading and I hope this thread doesn't gets trashed!

Edit: And how do we get the member level? I've seen new member, member, junior member, senior member, veteran member, moderator, developer. And in few cases some special status like YamiKaitou "has a lovely bunch of cocounuts."

Last edited by EthicalHacker007; 05-27-2014 at 12:15. Reason: Member Level.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-27-2014 , 12:22   Re: Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthicalHacker007 View Post
BTW what does those numbers represent besides name in approved plugins, something like this

Emp` (115)
Arkshine (86)
Exolent[jNr] (179)

and many more.
The number of plugins they approved at that time

Quote:
And one more doubt about this karma system. Basic explanation would be good for me.
We no longer use karma

Quote:
Edit: And how do we get the member level? I've seen new member, member, junior member, senior member, veteran member, moderator, developer. And in few cases some special status like YamiKaitou "has a lovely bunch of cocounuts."
New Member, Member, Junior Member, Senior Member, and Veteran Member are awarded based on post counts. Any other title is a custom title that was given to that user. Don't ask for any as you won't get one.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
swapped
BANNED
Old 05-27-2014 , 12:23   Re: Introduction

New member - 1 posts
Junior Member - 5 posts
Member - 30 posts
Senior Member - 100 posts
Veteran Member - 500 posts
EthicalHacker007
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2014 , 12:30   Re: Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou
New Member, Member, Junior Member, Senior Member, and Veteran Member are awarded based on post counts. Any other title is a custom title that was given to that user. Don't ask for any as you won't get one.
IDK but I kind of expected first reply from you! And about custom title? Did you asked or did you get awarded for being modertor? What is post counts?

Edit: Thanks for the info @Swapped

Edit 1: One more doubt about notifications, for example if I've 100 threads and someone comments on my 87th thread so will I've to check my all threads everyday or does it shows some notification except email notifications?

Last edited by EthicalHacker007; 05-27-2014 at 12:32. Reason: Edit: Notifications
YamiKaitou
Old 05-27-2014 , 13:06   Re: Introduction

Quote:
And about custom title? Did you asked or did you get awarded for being modertor?
My custom title is because of a joke a few years ago. It has nothing to do with me being a Moderator or Plugin Approver. Now, my colored name is because I have decided to identify myself as a Moderator (I can also choose the pinkish Plugin Approver color or the normal color)

Quote:
What is post counts?
The number of posts that you have made on this site in certain sections (all except Off-Topic)

Quote:
Edit 1: One more doubt about notifications, for example if I've 100 threads and someone comments on my 87th thread so will I've to check my all threads everyday or does it shows some notification except email notifications?
You can subscribe to threads

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 05-27-2014 at 13:07.
EthicalHacker007
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2014 , 13:27   Re: Introduction

Thanks for explaining. If you don't mind, may I ask what was the joke?

Edit: Can you please explain me the icons besides each thread? I see one red dot besides my thread.

Last edited by EthicalHacker007; 05-27-2014 at 13:34.
YamiKaitou
Old 05-27-2014 , 13:38   Re: Introduction

Quote:
Thanks for explaining. If you don't mind, may I ask what was the joke?
I don't remember anymore

Quote:
Edit: Can you please explain me the icons besides each thread? I see one red dot besides my thread.
Scroll down on that page and it explains what each icon means

EthicalHacker007
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2014 , 13:40   Re: Introduction

Thanks Sir.

One more question: I've seen a member. He's a simple member but his status is "I run no-steam servers" in pink color and his avatar is of some colorful Lion. Is that a joke too?

And I just noticed that my thread title is normal again and the thread above mine has bold title.

Last edited by EthicalHacker007; 05-27-2014 at 13:53. Reason: Last but not the least.
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 05-27-2014 , 14:29   Re: Introduction

Quote:
One more question: I've seen a member. He's a simple member but his status is "I run no-steam servers" in pink color and his avatar is of some colorful Lion. Is that a joke too?
He probably got that because of something he did and an admin felt like giving him that title. You will have to ask the specific person why he got that specific title, no one really knows, in some cases even the user who has it doesn't know why.

Quote:
And I just noticed that my thread title is normal again and the thread above mine has bold title.
If the thread title i bold there is a new post in it that you haven't seen. If it isn't bold you have viewed all posts in that thread. The little icon next to the bold title jumps to the newest post in that thread.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 05-27-2014 , 16:56   Re: Introduction

Quote:
when getting bored, an admin edit people titles and roflmao just after that.

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 05-27-2014 at 16:58.
Closed Thread