Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[HOWTO] Use the custom map config feature of AMX MOD X

Post New Thread Reply   

kNoCKs
Old 11-10-2004 , 16:08  
Reply With Quote #21

i want 225 gravity and 20 mins on my scoutzknivez, can u tell what i need to do, cause its not working for me
ezphilosophy
Old 11-19-2004 , 01:34   Server.cfg vs. amxx.cfg
Reply With Quote #22

What is the difference between server.cfg and amxx.cfg in terms of operation? I mean, will one of them take precedent over the other? This thread mentions that you can put the cvars in server.cfg OR amxx.cfg. Is there a preferable one? If they are the same, and I use the amxx.cfg, do I still need to write "mapchangecfgfile amxx.cfg"?

Also, does all this still apply to a listenserver? I only play on LAN.
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2004 , 08:19  
Reply With Quote #23

most likely work for listenserver, instead of server.cfg it would be listen.cfg or listenserver.cfg?

wouldnt know exactly but if you can install amxx on a listen server then you can use this feature basically.

the only difference about the mapchangecfgfile is what is placed in these files, most users place all their server default settings along with the rcon_password in the server.cfg, that is why it is suggested to use that instead of amxx.cfg

now if you define what ever custom map setting you need in your amxx.cfg then you wouldnt need to use mapchangecfgfile because the amxx.cfg is executed every time a map changes. The server.cfg will not do this unless otherwise defined to do so.

soo if you have sv_gravity 800 in your amxx.cfg then dont worry about mapchangecfgfile cause the amxx.cfg is loaded everytime a map changes.

ezphilosophy
Old 11-25-2004 , 22:50   other place too?
Reply With Quote #24

Excellent. Thank you.

However, last time I played, the CVARs didn't change according to the specific map settings. Do I need to do something else besides make a map.cfg for each map? Do I need to declare them elsewhere?
Bry
Old 11-26-2004 , 07:20  
Reply With Quote #25

Is it possible to use a partial name for the mapname.cfg ?

e.g. have a co_.cfg and a ns_.cfg (or a de_.cfg or a cs_.cfg)so instead of having a per map set of configs you can have a per gametype set of configs
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2004 , 17:08  
Reply With Quote #26

HOW TO updated

hopefully I made it a lit more clear.

@ezphilosophy

Make sure you have them in the server.cfg with the mapchangecfgfile located in there.

@Bry

No, thats not how this feature was designed, you can do that with a whole different plugin however.

Kamikaze
Old 12-21-2004 , 13:30  
Reply With Quote #27

If I restrict a weapon on one map, does it stay restricted when the map changes or does it reset?
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Soloist
Old 01-12-2005 , 15:51  
Reply With Quote #28

Since this feature is in the admin.amxx does that mean when u use amxbans (which has its own admin.amxx) this feature is gone or it still in there, because i have yet to get this to work and i did everything according to this topic and still nothing.
Send a message via ICQ to Soloist Send a message via AIM to Soloist Send a message via MSN to Soloist Send a message via Yahoo to Soloist
Special
Old 01-13-2005 , 03:55  
Reply With Quote #29

Hey everybody, first of all: Great Forum

I've been looking for a possibility to change to low gravity when scoutzknives starts. I'm newb @ server admin, but I've got some experience with configs and scripts. I've already done the following:
  • mapchangecfgfile server.cfg in server.cfg
    scoutzknives.cfg in addons\amxx\configs\maps
    sv_gravity 200 in scoutzknives.cfg
I think I forgot something, cause it doesn't work. Gravity is normal, when I change the map to scoutzknivez Also I'm not sure if I have the right AMX version, cause U said to use this map: addons\amxmodx\configs\maps and I've got this one: addons\amxx\configs\maps on my server.

In another topic they talked about a plugin and used this map:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
Allows you to specify custom configs for different maps on your server. Place <mapname>.cfg in "addons/amxx/custom/map_configs/" with any cvars or commands that you like.
So I'm a littelbit confused. Thnx in advance.
Old 01-16-2005 , 02:37  
Reply With Quote #30

hey will this werk with csdm on?
Send a message via AIM to -}NK{-Oj@eKiLLzZz