Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 05-05-2018 , 11:01   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #11

Did you try to see if your server is registered at the master server using this thread?
You should remove any start-line option except the needed ones, that will be game, ip, port (if not 27015), maxplayers and map

klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-05-2018 , 12:07   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #12

hlds_run already does exactly what you are trying to do - restarts the process when it ends. Read through the script.

Last edited by klippy; 05-05-2018 at 12:08.
ZEDD_Intensity
Old 05-05-2018 , 12:14   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Did you try to see if your server is registered at the master server using this thread?
You should remove any start-line option except the needed ones, that will be game, ip, port (if not 27015), maxplayers and map
Hey,
I was actually kinda speechless when the server went online completely RANDOM. Checking the WebAPI, this is the pingback I received forthe server IP :
PHP Code:
<response>
<
success>true</success>
<
servers>
<
server>
<
addr>95.172.XX.XX:27015</addr>
<
gmsindex>65534</gmsindex>
<
appid>10</appid>
<
gamedir>cstrike</gamedir>
<
region>-1</region>
<
secure>true</secure>
<
lan>false</lan>
<
gameport>27015</gameport>
<
specport>0</specport>
</
server>
</
servers>
</
response
Not sure if checking server presence in MasterServer triggered some sorta start function, but server is responding even with ReHLDS Installed. As a conclusion, it feels like the problem was Steam Servers? It's quite weird when a server with files untouched data for 3 days, randomly goes online without even running any startserver parameter out of the blue. Wow, well, it's been a big deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Server's been online almost right after your reply, Mondekay, Thanks bud. You get all the virtual karma from that I can possibly give.
Also, I've adjusted the start-line as you've mentioned.
This was the randomest incident of mine with HL1 Servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
hlds_run already does exactly what you are trying to do - restarts the process when it ends. Read through the script.
Toast, to the memory of Papa Franku. Thanks for helping.

Will keep it updated if anything turns down.
Till then, Thanks a lot and have a great one.

Warmest Regards,
ZEDD

Last edited by ZEDD_Intensity; 05-05-2018 at 12:19.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2018 , 20:45   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #14

i see that you are trying to run block wallhack v8 on your server

PHP Code:
L 05/01/2018 20:57:54: [bwversion.amxx] [BW Version CheckerConnection with forums.alliedmods.net has been established 
L 05
/01/2018 20:57:54: [bwversion.amxx] [BW Version CheckerSending Block Wallhack page request
it will not work since it requires orpheu module and it's not supported on reHLDS!
ZEDD_Intensity
Old 05-09-2018 , 21:43   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
i see that you are trying to run block wallhack v8 on your server

PHP Code:
L 05/01/2018 20:57:54: [bwversion.amxx] [BW Version CheckerConnection with forums.alliedmods.net has been established 
L 05
/01/2018 20:57:54: [bwversion.amxx] [BW Version CheckerSending Block Wallhack page request
it will not work since it requires orpheu module and it's not supported on reHLDS!
Thanks for the response.

I figured, that was not what was preventing the server from starting. It was something with Steam Servers. If a code isn't messed up, and the only missing thing is a module, the plugin won't entirely crash the server. So I literally cared the least about bwversion at that point. Also, there are alternatives.

Regards,
ZEDD
Old 05-09-2018 , 22:22   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEDD_Intensity View Post
Thanks for the response.

I figured, that was not what was preventing the server from starting. It was something with Steam Servers. If a code isn't messed up, and the only missing thing is a module, the plugin won't entirely crash the server. So I literally cared the least about bwversion at that point. Also, there are alternatives.

Regards,
ZEDD
yeah i know, it was just a pointer

but sometimes the simplest thing won't let your server start, per example install your whole server with everything and plugins all in order, put the parachute plugin and you forget to put the parachute.mdl on models folder, your server won't start, it happened to me once :p