Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved Weapons in plugins (due to custom fire sounds)

Post New Thread Reply   

DJBosma
Old 04-07-2020 , 17:35   Weapons in plugins (due to custom fire sounds)
Reply With Quote #1

updated: refer to last post.

Last edited by DJBosma; 04-16-2020 at 11:51.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-08-2020 , 02:10   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #2

No options.
Old 04-08-2020 , 04:53   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #3

There is one thing you can do, and that is building the weapon totally from scratch, or if you have a such one, modify it.
HamletEagle
Old 04-08-2020 , 04:56   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
There is one thing you can do, and that is building the weapon totally from scratch, or if you have a such one, modify it.
Which never works perfectly: recreating means client prediction will be disabled(bad idea). As I said, there's no way to do this properly.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-08-2020 at 04:57.
DJBosma
Old 04-08-2020 , 05:00   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #5

Neither if I make custom plug-ins and disable the default ones ?
So that Zombie Plague loads the weapons menu from the plugins ?

Or did I just say something stupid now?

Cheers
HamletEagle
Old 04-08-2020 , 05:55   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #6

The only way to achieve this is to disable local weapons and recreate the weapons in a plugin. This is bad most of the time because without prediction the weapons will feel laggy or weird.
It's less obvious with CSO-like weapons that do not need precision(like lasers, flame throwers, rockets, etc).
Old 04-08-2020 , 06:58   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
The only way to achieve this is to disable local weapons and recreate the weapons in a plugin. This is bad most of the time because without prediction the weapons will feel laggy or weird.
It's less obvious with CSO-like weapons that do not need precision(like lasers, flame throwers, rockets, etc).
Well only zombies with a couple of thousand hp will be shot at, no critical aiming is needed since the hit boxes of some are messed up as well.

Could you provide me an example plugin?
DJBosma
Old 04-09-2020 , 08:04   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #8

PS: If I remake every weapon, do I only need to pre-cache the sounds and place them in fastdl or do I need to make a plug-in for every weapon and use CSW_ functions ?

Last edited by DJBosma; 04-09-2020 at 08:06.
DJBosma
Old 04-10-2020 , 05:20   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #9

Solved: editing the .qc file of the specific model and using another model name (and/or another directory) as well as different directories for the sound. Otherwise it will lock the player with "Wrong model versiom " etc..
DJBosma
Old 04-13-2020 , 12:31   Re: Chaning weapon sounds client-side in the EV_ functions
Reply With Quote #10

EIDT: Tracking issue at ValveSoftware/halflife. Marking topic as solved.

Last edited by DJBosma; 04-13-2020 at 14:03.