Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

KeyValue Event Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Technical/Development        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
ts2do
Old 08-01-2007 , 21:29   KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin can serve other plugins by working as an engine to inform plugins of KeyValue changes to an entity. It can highly compress the amount of code for a plugin and can serve multiple plugins. If this plugin needs to be added for another plugin's functionality, this plugin should be added at the end of plugins.ini. To author a plugin under this engine, kve.inc must be saved to ..\amxmodx\scripting\includes\

Code:
// entity_callback(const szValue[], entid, kvdid) // worldspawn_callback(bKeyExists, const szValue[]) native register_keyvalue(szClassName[32], szKeyName[64], szFunction[32]);
Example:
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <kve> ... public plugin_precache() {     register_keyvalue("worldspawn", "skyname", "handle_worldspawn_skyname");     register_keyvalue("game_score", "points", "handle_game_score_points"); } public handle_worldspawn_skyname(bKeyExists, const szValue[]) {     ... } public handle_game_score_points(const szValue[], entid, kvdid) {     // Within here, you can change the key or value using fakemeta's set_kvd     ... } ...

Known Issues:
  • Maps stored in a game's GCF do not get their worldspawn keyvalue events triggered. To fix this problem, simply extract all of the BSP files inside the game's GCF to the game's maps folder.

Plugins:
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (kve.sma - 3873 views - 3.4 KB)
File Type: inc kve.inc (271 Bytes, 1716 views)

Last edited by ts2do; 09-02-2007 at 12:29.
Send a message via AIM to ts2do
Wilson [29th ID]
Veteran Member
Old 08-06-2007 , 16:26   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #2

Great idea man; I'm sure I'll have a use for this.

Day of Defeat AMXX Community

FakeMeta Research . Voice Proximity . Advanced Deploy . Technician
Send a message via ICQ to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via AIM to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via MSN to Wilson [29th ID] Send a message via Yahoo to Wilson [29th ID]
ts2do
Old 08-18-2007 , 09:06   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #3

If (When) this plugin gets accepted, can kve.inc be uploaded to the online compiler?
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-18-2007 , 09:20   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts2do View Post
If (When) this plugin gets accepted, can kve.inc be uploaded to the online compiler?
Contact BAILOPAN.
X-Script
BANNED
Old 08-18-2007 , 15:12   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #5

Good job.
hoboman
Old 08-24-2007 , 18:39   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #6

man, i have no idea what this plug in or any of the plug ins in your signature are used for.
could you write a descriptions for people who don't know how to code?
cause i don't see the practical use of these plug ins. are you trying to say that if i put this up on my server it will run faster? have better reg?
<---- very lost

if they don't have a practical use, but they are only used to somehow enhance the amxx engine I think it should be included with the next version of amxx instead of being released as an individual plug in.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 08-24-2007 , 20:48   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman View Post
man, i have no idea what this plug in or any of the plug ins in your signature are used for.
could you write a descriptions for people who don't know how to code?
cause i don't see the practical use of these plug ins. are you trying to say that if i put this up on my server it will run faster? have better reg?
<---- very lost

if they don't have a practical use, but they are only used to somehow enhance the amxx engine I think it should be included with the next version of amxx instead of being released as an individual plug in.
This is a very small API which other plugins use to give them enhanced features and better ease of use. The idea is to centralize a certain function that would otherwise be repeated among other plugins in order to save the overhead and speed loss of that redundancy.

Basically, just don't use it unless you're told to by another plugin.
Old 08-24-2007 , 22:36   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #8

so it is only necessary to get this plug in if you wanna use the "all in one engine patch" and "exploit restriction".

could you kindly explain what those two plug ins are used for too? lol
ts2do
Old 08-27-2007 , 08:03   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #9

Can you read their page descriptions?
Old 08-30-2007 , 08:27   Re: KeyValue Event Manager
Reply With Quote #10

BAILOPAN uploaded kve.inc to the online compiler. Now you don't need to know anything about compiling to download and install the child plugins.