Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots

Post New Thread Reply   

Darkfoxx
Old 07-22-2008 , 12:25   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #101

I have a question.

What do I set my SM reserved slot settings to work in conjunction with this?

If there was to be reserved slots on a server with no wasted slots, then a non-admin player would be kicked when an admin tries to join a full server....yet the server would still fill to max capacity and there would be no wasted slot. For example, you have a 24 slot server and it only fills to 23.

Settings:
sm_reserve_type 0/1 (I'm thinking "1" would defeat the purpose of this?)
sm_reserved_slots 0/1 (1 should work?)
sm_hide_slots 0/1 (Probably 0 but I'm not sure)
blik
Old 07-22-2008 , 13:01   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #102

You dont setup any reserved slots, thats the point. Just load the plugin, and incoming connections from admins with reserved slot flag cause someone to be kicked.
Darkfoxx
Old 07-22-2008 , 17:04   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #103

So something like this?

sm_reserve_type 0
sm_reserved_slots 0
sm_hide_slots 0

Should I disable the reservedslots.smx plugin?
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-22-2008 , 17:14   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #104

You don't need the reservedslots plugin.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2008 , 17:42   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #105

Yeah, move the reserved slots plugin into the disabled folder or delete it, it's not needed.
Darkfoxx
Old 07-23-2008 , 00:15   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #106

I suppose people w/ reserved slots need to connect via console to get in?

Didn't work with a regular browser connect.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2008 , 05:51   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #107

Yes, otherwise it's annoying for anyone without reserve slots. You CAN use the MetaMod plugin Oil to add another fake slot to the server though.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72429
Darkfoxx
Old 07-23-2008 , 12:43   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #108

Thanks Jamster, you've been very helpful.
sexconker
Old 07-23-2008 , 13:45   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #109

Alrighty...

So I've been running Beetle's Mod with reserved slots, and I finally decided I wanted to get all 24 slots filled.

So What do I need to do to do that?

I've disabled Beetle's Mod's reserved slot stuff.
I installed MetaMod.
I installed SourceMod.
I installed this here delicious plugin.

sm plugins list reports:

[SM] Listing 2 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.0.3) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "cbaseservertest.smx"

I have no need for ANY other metamod/sourcemod capabilities.
I'm sure they're great, but I'm generally a hands-off admin, and I try to take a minimalistic approach. I may look into stuff in the future, but my goal now is to use all 24 slots.

Onto my 3 questions:

I added my reserved slot people in the admins_simple.ini or whatever it's named. Do I have to add admins into admins.cfg instead of admins_simple.ini?

I've placed all other plugins in the disabled folder (except for the Admin File Reader, since I assume that's what will read my admins from the file). Are there any other plugins that are necessary for this to work? (To make sure cbaseserver can read the admin file, and then kick a non-admin when an admin joins.)

Do I need to specify anything special in the sourcemod.cfg?
I don't think I do, since most of that stuff references the other reserved slot dealie and other plugins, which I've disabled.

I guess I'll fill up my server with bots later today and have a reserved slot holder join. He'll have to join via the "connect <ip>" command in the console, unless I bump up the reported max slots. It should kick one of the bots, right?

I think I'll keep the reported slots at 24, and just have reserved slot holders deal with a little inconvenience for their privelege. They can set up a shortcut too, I believe. Public users will be able to autojoin and will no longer be kicked when joining at 23/24.

If I can get it working, cookies for everyone!*

*cookies are virtual and may contain trace amounts of nuts.
blik
Old 07-23-2008 , 14:54   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #110

Take note, if you're running one of the latest snapshots, you'll need to do this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=648573

Last edited by blik; 08-03-2008 at 13:24.