Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2010 , 10:54   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #601

If you would like to test out the plugin on my server, Here's the IP.

64.94.238.47:27015
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2010 , 03:12   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #602

Sadly, the ingame browser and firefox and IE all dont support MP3's using the <audio> tag. Chrome works though

Also, classid is no longer, http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_object.asp

Last edited by DontWannaName; 06-15-2010 at 03:26.
flud
Old 06-15-2010 , 04:29   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #603

possible to make this work with last.fm ?
Darkimmortal
Old 06-15-2010 , 05:51   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Sadly, the ingame browser and firefox and IE all dont support MP3's using the <audio> tag. Chrome works though

Also, classid is no longer, http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_object.asp
The ingame browser does support HTML5 audio, hence this version which I am running on my servers with few issues.
Old 06-15-2010 , 14:25   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #605

It supports it but I couldnt get it to play an MP3... it can play only certain audio files. Your version doesnt work at all for me.

Darkimmortal
Old 06-15-2010 , 14:31   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #606

Try installing the full SoundManager2 package to the jukebox folder - I only included a single JS file which probably isn't enough.
Old 06-15-2010 , 15:23   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
Try installing the full SoundManager2 package to the jukebox folder - I only included a single JS file which probably isn't enough.
Was having a similar problem, so I hunted it down and grabbed the full thing. Should the directories for the full version be left intact as well, or should the contents of the script, src, swf folders just all be tossed into the jukebox folder?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it, it was into the folder. It works, too, yay!

Last edited by PMAvers; 06-15-2010 at 15:29.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2010 , 19:56   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #608

Finally got your version to work. Had to put the debug swf files on the website, now it has a bunch of debug lines on the site. At least no one has to see it. HTML 5 works ingame but not in Firefox out of game. Disabling it works for both, not that out of game is needed. It loads faster with html 5 ingame.

SirLamer
Old 06-16-2010 , 14:36   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #609

Wow, nice hacks!

A current problem with <audio> tag is that there is some disagreement over which audio formats it should support. Different browser developers have arguments in support of their choices and are support those file types to drum up support. I think one problem with MP3s is that a commercial product must license MP3s in order to use it, so it might complicate things to add formal support, which implies all HTML 5 browsers MUST support it. Maybe the MPEG group will sanction free MP3 use in all cases when used in HTML 5, which would be smart. We'll have to see, as the standard is not finalized.

What matters right now is figuring out the best way to make Jukebox work in TF2. If that solution does not work in other mods or certain browsers that is okay, because I can detect those cases and provide an alternate means to meet each case.

So far it seems like SoundManager2 is the way to go.

I am moving to Toronto for 3 months in a couple days, and I will not be able to test anything until next week when I am there, as my web server test bed on my home PC is messed up for some reason and I don't have time to try to fix it right now.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 06-16-2010 at 14:39.
Darkimmortal
Old 06-16-2010 , 14:39   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.4.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #610

Yeah, SoundManager2 is perfect - HTML5 .mp3 audio thanks to Webkit in TF2, with fallback to Flash in other browsers and games.