Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 10-01-2013 , 16:52   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonbullet View Post
I don't mean to take part in this discussion; I only would like to remember that the Translation Request section is being buried together with the other sections.
I can be wrong, but I guess it doesn't share the same problems as the other language specific sections, and I don't see good alternatives for requesting and posting translations (keeping it to each plugin thread, for example, is somehow messy IMO).
I was concerned about this forum being overtaken as a proxy for the others. If people like it as a service we can restore that one.
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2013 , 17:13   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
I was concerned about this forum being overtaken as a proxy for the others. If people like it as a service we can restore that one.
Well, it used to be the simplest way to get plugins translated, and it's clean enough in my opinion.
It could be moved to Plugins forums e.g., you'd avoid the problem you pointed - only an idea.
Send a message via ICQ to commonbullet Send a message via MSN to commonbullet
kwpd
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2013 , 17:18   Re: Can't post in spanish forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
It seems you didn't understand BAILOPAN's post. It isn't the lack of staff to moderate that area, it is the communication barrier that the ML sections impose that prevents the staff from properly moderating the sections. With all the problems that are caused in that area, we cannot efficiently monitor it and when we try to do so, we spend more time trying to translate the posts than we should. No amount of additional staff will be able to compensate this as the communication barrier to the rest of the staff will still remain. There just isn't that many respectable people on this site that are willing to assist in the needed moderation of these sections.

Now, this doesn't stop these "communities" from creating other sites that are dedicated to that language, in fact there are others that already exist out there.
ok. put it all in a single language. [EN] is more efficient.
but I do not understand is why blockaded (Mauro79)
who guides me?

Last edited by kwpd; 10-01-2013 at 17:19.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 10-01-2013 , 17:19   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

And since it is just one sub-forum, i dont think it will be hard to keep it clean
Old 10-01-2013 , 17:38   Re: Can't post in spanish forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpd View Post
but I do not understand is why blockaded (Mauro79)
who guides me?
Who cares? It was already answered and this is completely off topic...
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 10-01-2013 , 18:11   Re: Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
Originally Posted by baneado View Post
with new moderators this won't happen anymore.
Maybe for a few weeks. But they will fall into the same situation the others are in now. There are just too many rule violators in the Spanish and Others sections to justify it anymore.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 10-01-2013 , 18:19   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
Maybe for a few weeks. But they will fall into the same situation the others are in now. There are just too many rule violators in the Spanish and Others sections to justify it anymore.
So just keep with languages that moderators can control, like french
(just for people know, i am not french and my french skills are really low. just saying the truth up there)

Last edited by Jhob94; 10-01-2013 at 18:20.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-01-2013 , 18:40   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonbullet View Post
Well, it used to be the simplest way to get plugins translated, and it's clean enough in my opinion.
It could be moved to Plugins forums e.g., you'd avoid the problem you pointed - only an idea.
It's a good idea. I'll restore it tonight.
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2013 , 20:34   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
There are just too many rule violators in the Spanish and Others sections
I agree; but I think this is not the best solution, moderating is the solution not closing forums; this comunity is too big and limited to English prevents learn in people non-English speaking

www.amxmodx-es.com

Steam: Luchokoldo
Send a message via MSN to rak Send a message via Skype™ to rak
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 10-01-2013 , 21:07   Re: Multi-Lingual Forum Archival

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak View Post
I agree; but I think this is not the best solution, moderating is the solution not closing forums; this comunity is too big and limited to English prevents learn in people non-English speaking
Given the current state of the sections, the best solution is to move them to other sites, let other people run the communities.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Closed Thread