Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

"tf2items.weapons.txt" Not Working

Post New Thread Reply   

Smokestack
Old 09-05-2015 , 11:35   "tf2items.weapons.txt" Not Working
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I am relatively new to this, so please forgive me if I post this in the wrong section and/or overlooked something obvious/simple. I tried to search for any problems similar to this, but I couldn't find anything.

I've installed Metamod and Sourcemod to my dedicated TF2 server, and installed the TF2Items snapshot (1.6.2-272) for windows. I typed "sm exts load tf2items" into the server's console and it loads successfully. However, for some reason "tf2items.weapons.txt" won't load and properly change the items it's supposed to.

Strangely enough, plugins that use TF2Items (Give weapons, bot weapon randomizer, custom weapons, x10, etc.) work just fine and are usuable. So clearly I must be doing something wrong with the tf2items.weapons.txt file. It is under sourcemod/configs. I've tried reloading the extension, restarting the server, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that "tf2items_manager_reload" is an invalid command, even though it says on the tf2items page that I can use it to reload the file. The console doesn't seem to recognize this command at all.

Here is the tf2items.weapons.txt file that I am testing. It just modifies the spy's revolver to have an increased clip size and firing speed for all clients. It's relatively simple, so I'm 99.9% sure there's no syntax error or anything like that. But even if there was, I was testing this using various different files, including the example one that came with tf2items (except modified for my steam ID, obviously).

Code:
"custom_weapons_v3"
{
    "*"
    {
        "24"
        {
            "level"        "100"
            "1"            "4 ; 2"
            "2"            "6 ; 0.5"
        }
    }
}
I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. Can someone help me? I would very much appreciate it.

Last edited by Smokestack; 09-05-2015 at 11:41.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-05-2015 , 11:50   Re: "tf2items.weapons.txt" Not Working
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokestack View Post
installed the TF2Items snapshot (1.6.2-272) for windows. I typed "sm exts load tf2items" into the server's console and it loads successfully. However, for some reason "tf2items.weapons.txt" won't load and properly change the items it's supposed to.
The snapshot builds don't come with the tf2items_manager plugin compiled.
Old 09-05-2015 , 12:43   Re: "tf2items.weapons.txt" Not Working
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The snapshot builds don't come with the tf2items_manager plugin compiled.
Ah yes, I see. I thought that the snapshots were supposed to "replace" the extension entirely, not as an addition to the extension (if that makes any sense). I managed to fix it. Thanks again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Theray070696
Old 09-06-2015 , 11:04   Re: "tf2items.weapons.txt" Not Working
Reply With Quote #4

Ignore, I was an idiot.

Last edited by Theray070696; 09-06-2015 at 11:09. Reason: I was dumb