Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSS] tf2 mod

Post New Thread Reply   

thejuice027
Old 04-21-2010 , 13:18   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #11

They cant port CSS to the OB engine, because that would violate how VAC works, If they ported it to the OB, people who have been banned on CSS but not TF2, would be able to play CSS again and technically their ban would have been lifted. And they can't ban people on OB just because they have a ban in CSS.
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2010 , 14:02   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuice027 View Post
They cant port CSS to the OB engine, because that would violate how VAC works, If they ported it to the OB, people who have been banned on CSS but not TF2, would be able to play CSS again and technically their ban would have been lifted. And they can't ban people on OB just because they have a ban in CSS.
It's not the game that they're banned from, it's the engine. An existing ban from the EP1 engine will stay a ban from the EP1 engine. Whether or not the specific game they cheated on uses the EP1 engine or not is irrelevent.

If it were me, I'd just ban them from the source engine altogether.
omgitsme
Veteran Member
Old 04-22-2010 , 09:10   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
I would say just buy TF2 and don't make people spend months developing a plugin that kind of makes CS:S look like TF2.
thank you, for ignoring my post. i'm not forcing anyone to make this plugin. it's just a idea, i never saw anywhere in the rules "don't make threads about having a idea"
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsme View Post
and i know some people will say "why have this mod when you can just buy tf2?" well thats a stupid question, theres lots of games that are copied into css and dod and shit. and for some people like me, my computer can take css, but sometimes with tf2 and alot of things happening i can feel a bit of lag.
in amxmod place, i saw someone made a plugin, for a tf:c turret. it looked kewl, i just could'ent get it to work. why are'nt you telling people like that "why did you make this turret for cs 1.6? just buy tf:c"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ud_...eature=related is this for real?

Last edited by omgitsme; 04-22-2010 at 09:47.
Send a message via Skype™ to omgitsme
thejuice027
Old 04-24-2010 , 21:56   Re: [CSS] tf2 mod
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
It's not the game that they're banned from, it's the engine. An existing ban from the EP1 engine will stay a ban from the EP1 engine. Whether or not the specific game they cheated on uses the EP1 engine or not is irrelevent.

If it were me, I'd just ban them from the source engine altogether.
Thats exacly what i eamn in my post, I know that there ban by engine, so why would they move a game from one engine to another, effectivly removing (or even adding in this case) bans.