Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

COD: HitMarkers v1.7 [Updated April 29th 2021]

Post New Thread Reply   

iclassdon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-19-2020 , 11:03   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #21

Can you add a sniper weapons only option? Its to redundant if using ABD.

It's just missing something... Just my opinion gents. Great idea btw.

Last edited by iclassdon; 01-19-2020 at 11:06.
Send a message via MSN to iclassdon
Napoleon_be
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2020 , 13:11   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iclassdon View Post
Can you add a sniper weapons only option? Its to redundant if using ABD.

It's just missing something... Just my opinion gents. Great idea btw.
I have added a version which only works with sniper rifles, feel free to use it and give me your feedback on it.

Special thanks to Bugsy for learning me how to use bitsums.

If it's really nessecary, i'll be making a cvar for the sniper options instead of releasing 2 different versions.

Last edited by Napoleon_be; 01-19-2020 at 13:18.
Send a message via Skype™ to Napoleon_be
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-19-2020 , 13:42   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #23

Xalus did not say "do not use pcvars", he said fXPos, fYPos, fHoldTime variables do not have to be global since they are used in only one function.

You should do:
PHP Code:
//In PostTakeDamage:
new fXPos get_pcvar_float(pXPosition);
new 
fYPos get_pcvar_float(pYPosition);
new 
fHoldTime get_pcvar_float(pHoldTime); 
Quote:
Half-Life, Gearbox, CS 1.6. Your code. Anytime get_user_team is introduced without the cstrike_running() other mods are no longer compatible. Take 'get_user_team' out, they work. Put it back with cstrike_running() it bridges the gap. It then works on more than 1 mod.
This doesn't make any sense.
get_user_team IS NOT CS specific. cs_get_user_team is. By adding cstrike_running the only thing you did is prevent the code from running in any other mod because the point of the native is to check if cstrike is running. If it isn't, then the if check will fail and no code will be executed.

I don't think I have to explain further, but:
PHP Code:
if(is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && cstrike_running() && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker)) 
Reads as: if user is connected, plugin is on, MOD IS CSTRIKE, and victim and attacker are on different teams do something. If mod is not cstrike the entire if fails and nothing is executed and the plugin is as good as disabled.
@OP, remove that check.

Quote:
He can use static variable to hold the value which will more optimized but the cvar change won't be set immediately. Need to change the map.
No, it won't be any more optimized.

Quote:
cvars are there to be changed immediatly, i won't be changing my code which will lead the plugin to require a map change in order for the cvars to change, even though that would optimize my code.
You are right about one thing: cvars are there to be changed immediately. Plus you are not losing any performance by not caching the cvars so there's literally 0 point in doing so in this case(and in most if not all cases).

P.S: having 2 versions for a small change seems overkill. Add a cvar and have only one version.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-19-2020 at 13:45.
Napoleon_be
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2020 , 16:25   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #24

Thanks for the suggestions HamletEagle, Everything is ready to get updated, only for one thing where i'm having trouble with. Which is the cvar for snipers.

This is the check i currently have but it doesn't work, can i get some on help this one?
PHP Code:
if((is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker)) ||
    (
is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pSnipersOnly) && gWeaponList & (<< get_user_weapon(iAttacker)))) 
Old 01-20-2020 , 02:37   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #25

Napoleon_be, why don't you make it easier? I think, there's no need to make 2 especial SMAs, 'cause it just make cvar to select a group of weapons for which the hitmarker is available.
Napoleon_be
Veteran Member
Old 01-20-2020 , 06:44   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Kid View Post
Napoleon_be, why don't you make it easier? I think, there's no need to make 2 especial SMAs, 'cause it just make cvar to select a group of weapons for which the hitmarker is available.
That's what i'm trying to do in the check i posted above, but with no succes.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-20-2020 , 11:48   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_be View Post
Thanks for the suggestions HamletEagle, Everything is ready to get updated, only for one thing where i'm having trouble with. Which is the cvar for snipers.

This is the check i currently have but it doesn't work, can i get some on help this one?
PHP Code:
if((is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker)) ||
    (
is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pSnipersOnly) && gWeaponList & (<< get_user_weapon(iAttacker)))) 
Huh... this is next-level stuff right here. Now seriously, don't duplicate if checks like that: it is not needed and makes your code ugly and hard to read.
Also, don't be afraid to split your checks in multiple if statements.

Your code didn't work because inside an if check that looks like if(A || B) A is firstly checked. If A is false, B is checked. If A is true, B is not checked.
So it firstly checks
PHP Code:
is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker)) 
and the if check passes without ever checking for pSnipersOnly cvar(and whenever A fails B will fail too because both A and B share the above check)

PHP Code:
    //we are doing the main checks first - the part that you duplicated. We need them to be true to proceed no matter the value of pSnipersOnly 

if(is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker))
    {

//controls whether we will show a hit marker or not

new bool:showHitMarker;

if(
get_pcvar_num(pSnipersOnly)) //snipers only

{
            if(
gWeaponList & (<< get_user_weapon(iAttacker))) //we are holding a sniper

{

showHitMarker true//show hit marker

}
        }
        else 
        {

showHitMarker true//no restrictions on current weapon, show hit marker

}

if(
showHitMarker)
        {

//hit marker logic

}
    } 
You could write it as an one-liner but as I said before, it's horrible:
PHP Code:
is_user_connected(iAttacker) && get_pcvar_num(pPlugin) && get_user_team(iVictim) != get_user_team(iAttacker) && (!get_pcvar_num(pSnipersOnly) || get_pcvar_num(pSnipersOnly) && (gWeaponList & (<< get_user_weapon(iAttacker)))) 

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-20-2020 at 11:58.
Napoleon_be
Veteran Member
Old 01-20-2020 , 12:50   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #28

Thanks for the intel HamletEagle, will update my code and post update notes when i get home from work.

Last edited by Napoleon_be; 01-20-2020 at 12:50.
Send a message via Skype™ to Napoleon_be
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-20-2020 , 16:38   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #29

I was able to remove a lot of redundant code. I started doing comments line-by-line to help you learn but it was getting messy. Compare this to your current code to see what I did. I didn't implement all of what others have suggested. Not tested.
Spoiler
Old 01-20-2020 , 18:07   Re: COD: HitMarkers [First release: 16/01/2020]
Reply With Quote #30

That's a potential bug report since both Half-life and Gearbox have teams.

Thank you for the plugin NapoleoN. This fork was tested on both cstrike and gearbox. Fun times. I added the screen fades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
All that is not needed unless say when over 100HP damage is done to make random color strobe like from this plugin does on confirmed kills.
Spoiler