Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Tag Protection

Post New Thread Reply   

nbtc971
Old 11-10-2008 , 17:39   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #21

Winnipooh,

My problem was that 2 of my 3 servers were NOT on sourcemod 1.0.4. After updating the 2 servers that were failing the mod started working. Try updating your server and see if that helps.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-10-2008 at 18:05.
Winnipooh
Old 11-10-2008 , 20:21   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #22

Hiho,
I think that reason will not be the same in my case :-( ...all my Gameservers are running on SM 1.04. I tried to figure out how the Plugin could refuse the recognizing of the Flags but I have no Idea. I tested all posibilities of managing the Member (Database only, Flatfile only, both of them etc) but it's kicking like Beckham.
Send a message via ICQ to Winnipooh Send a message via MSN to Winnipooh Send a message via Yahoo to Winnipooh Send a message via Skype™ to Winnipooh
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-11-2008 , 00:30   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #23

You have to make sure that you do NOT do any actions before
"OnClientPostAdminCheck" was called, so you can be sure that
the player has already received his/her admin rights or is a public
player.

That should fix people's "kicking members" problems.
InstantDeath
Old 11-11-2008 , 10:45   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #24

Try updating to the latest sourcemod version (currently 1.0.4 or snapshot 1.1.0 hg2395), if you still get those errors, let me know.

Last edited by InstantDeath; 11-11-2008 at 11:07.
Winnipooh
Old 11-11-2008 , 11:25   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #25

i mentioned before, that all my gameservers are running on SM 1.04...and i got this problem on all oh them. i also posted the debug-log...the effects are also the same on all gameservers (no differences or other faults).

i got my reasons not to update my normal servers to the snapshot...but i'll try to install a seperate server with it and give it a try. it would be great to get this plugin working on 1.04

thx for help so far
Send a message via ICQ to Winnipooh Send a message via MSN to Winnipooh Send a message via Yahoo to Winnipooh Send a message via Skype™ to Winnipooh
nbtc971
Old 11-11-2008 , 19:12   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #26

Here is my report after running 1 of my servers for about 3 days and 2 for 24 hours or so...

The plugin is very useful. It's a great help to admins as it gives them 1 less thing to have to deal with. My only problem would be that it seems to occassionally kick clan members with proper access when they first join. However all they have to do is reconnect and it seems fine. So I guess there is some small bug that maybe you could sort out.

I too agree that the 60.00000 stuff could be cleaned up, but it doesn't really hurt functionality.

As for something I might like to see, maybe a message to admins that someone has joined and been warned?
InstantDeath
Old 11-11-2008 , 19:29   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbtc971 View Post
Here is my report after running 1 of my servers for about 3 days and 2 for 24 hours or so...

The plugin is very useful. It's a great help to admins as it gives them 1 less thing to have to deal with. My only problem would be that it seems to occassionally kick clan members with proper access when they first join. However all they have to do is reconnect and it seems fine. So I guess there is some small bug that maybe you could sort out.

I too agree that the 60.00000 stuff could be cleaned up, but it doesn't really hurt functionality.

As for something I might like to see, maybe a message to admins that someone has joined and been warned?
hmm, i know of a way to get rid of the decimals, but it may take longer for the other stuff to be fixed, I'm looking at the lines now, there might be a fix in a couple of hours.
Old 11-11-2008 , 23:52   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #28

hmm, I've done a little work, test this one out. Tell me if this works out for you.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tagprotection.sp - 654 views - 9.5 KB)
Old 11-12-2008 , 03:22   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #29

:-) you've done it. The decimals are gone and the Warnings show up as they should be. The other Problems are of course still the same while you're working on it...thx a lot for your work so far.

This Plugin helps a lot to get rid of ClanTag- / CommunityTag-Fakers
nbtc971
Old 11-12-2008 , 18:22   Re: Tag Protection
Reply With Quote #30

I've installed the new version that gets rid of the .0000's. I've asked my admins to take note the next time the plugin is going to boot them to confirm that it's working.

Thanks for update and I look forward to the fix that will stop the kicking of clan members. hah

Oh and winniepooh, did you get it installed yet?