Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MUN
Old 04-09-2012 , 10:34   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

@eggman, yeah it will also not give those failed spies spies or demo knights, but frankly getting even 1 damage point in vsh/ff2 is very easy, but yes there is those odd little times.
Old 04-09-2012 , 11:19   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Eggman, can you edit the function so that hale can't pickup ammo's? And any idea how to add scout sandman balls ammo? Can't seem to add the ammo... I even tried to increase all the ammo attributes, still doesn't work...
Eggman
Old 04-09-2012 , 11:49   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenz0r View Post
Hey guys, my friend made 2 custom characters for FF2, everything seems fine EXPECT people cannot download models and sounds can anyone help please? (sorry had to repost since nobody helped )
also cfg files
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
If your server use FastDl make sure you have uploaded .bz2 files on your FastDl server.

Last edited by Eggman; 04-09-2012 at 11:51.
Dispenz0r
Old 04-09-2012 , 12:14   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

@Eggman I did it already

Last edited by Dispenz0r; 04-09-2012 at 12:15.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2012 , 13:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Hey guys might not be the exact place for this but have tried my first boss with skins, the models download fine. see this post

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=305

I had the same problem with aperture pyro model, pyrogirl and fempyro worked fine with model manager. I have googled this error a few times without luck.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2012 , 16:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Valve changed up the pyro model, you're going to have to re-convert the aperture pyro model.

Look at Eraserhead's model reskinning tutorial, and use that on the stock pyro model with the skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacek2144 View Post
Hello i have small problem i can't find readme.txt file i saw this in example of character

9 is engineer. Get more in readme.txt

Somebody can tell me where i can get ids of classes ?
http://hg.alliedmods.net/sourcemod-c...nclude/tf2.inc
They're in order there and always updated (in case Valve ever decides to change the classes).
When making your own boss plugin, use those TFClassType: defines. Else, yeah, the numbers.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 04-09-2012 at 16:04.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2012 , 17:17   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Anyone confirm that ff2_special does not work? Tried it several times without luck. The point being is when trying new boss. Also would be nice to have cvar to load one or all configs, like characters.cfg?

UPdate: check that..now seems to work...IDK. On a separate note....when adding models/materials etc for new bosses rather tedious adding each one for download in cfg file. What I actually did was use some models etc that work with model manager and just referenced them...seems to work. Anyway to use the dep file like with model manager?

Last edited by MaloModo; 04-09-2012 at 18:57.
Darc_wolf
Old 04-09-2012 , 21:24   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I have a question! How well do bots do in this mod? As both against the boss and as the boss. And how well would the randomizer work with this mod? Does the boss get random weapons? I was playing on a server that had the Versus Saxton Hale mod, and the randomizer mod worked great.

EDIT: Upon speculation... it would seem that this this mod (And maybe VSH)+Randomizer+Bots=BAD. True, I used arena_well, but if a bot was the boss, they would never come out of spawn. But hey...these ARE bots. SO much more fun with real people.

Last edited by Darc_wolf; 04-10-2012 at 02:00.
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-09-2012 , 21:53   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

something small, but when you view the HP of demopan, it shows... "Current Demopan's hp amout is blah of blah". Typo in amount fyi.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2012 , 22:56   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Boss sounds now overlap each other instead of cutting each other off D: Not only does that sound bad, especially since some responses trigger at the exact same time as others, but I don't think we'll ever hear "your metal toys are no match for PROPERTY DAMAGE" ever again...

EDIT: However, I just saw Demopan's rage (it didn't appear properly on RandomFortress for some reason). Excuse me while I stupidly grin for the next few minutes at how hilarious it is.

Last edited by MasterOfTheXP; 04-09-2012 at 23:07.
Closed Thread