Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Hidden:Source] Visibility

Post New Thread Reply   

paegus
Old 06-12-2013 , 02:16   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #21

Re the +visible issue: what happens when they join another server with the visibility plugin?

The vis model also works without issue from what I can see. You may need to check your server's sourcemod error log to see if there's an issue.
treminaor
Old 06-12-2013 , 02:25   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by paegus View Post
Re the +visible issue: what happens when they join another server with the visibility plugin?

The vis model also works without issue from what I can see. You may need to check your server's sourcemod error log to see if there's an issue.
I'll have him join another server and report back once we know the results.

Regarding the model and error log,

Code:
L 06/11/2013 - 21:03:32: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
That would probably explain why the model is defaulting to the hidden character? I have no idea.

I get a similar error again when trying to use the model I chose, which was a crate:
Code:
L 06/11/2013 - 21:04:59: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "= models/generic/gen_model_crate01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
The rest of the log file just contains session start/stop lines.

Last edited by treminaor; 06-12-2013 at 02:26.
treminaor
Old 06-12-2013 , 21:10   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #23

He joined two servers from that list you provided and he couldn't use +visible on either of them. Is there some client-side file he's missing? Typing "+visible" into the console while playing as the Hidden shows "Unknown Command +visible", so that rules out the possibility of his bind not being correct (since the command itself is unknown). What should we do?
paegus
Old 06-13-2013 , 03:11   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #24

I'm afraid I have no clue why certain clients can't use the public command. I'll ask in the general scripting forum to see if anyone knows of a reason this would occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treminaor View Post
Regarding the model and error log,

Code:
L 06/11/2013 - 21:03:32: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
That would probably explain why the model is defaulting to the hidden character? I have no idea.
This default model is included in the both the client download and the server download by default so this error could only mean that something has deleted the file or the plugin doesn't have permission within the OS file system to read said file.

Quote:
I get a similar error again when trying to use the model I chose, which was a crate:
Code:
L 06/11/2013 - 21:04:59: [hsm_visibility.smx] [VISTOG] Model "= models/generic/gen_model_crate01.mdl" does not exist in filesystem. Using default: "models/executive/hr_model_plantpot01.mdl"
The rest of the log file just contains session start/stop lines.
Similar but not the same. Note the presence of the "= models/..."?
You don't want to say hsm_vis_model = blah just have hsm_vis_model blah...

Last edited by paegus; 06-13-2013 at 03:12.
treminaor
Old 06-13-2013 , 03:18   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
I'm afraid I have no clue why certain clients can't use the public command. I'll ask in the general scripting forum to see if anyone knows of a reason this would occur.
Thanks!
Quote:
This default model is included in the both the client download and the server download by default so this error could only mean that something has deleted the file or the plugin doesn't have permission within the OS file system to read said file.
Personally I've never been on a Hidden server with +visible where the model was set to a plant pot. I have a feeling if it worked by default I would have seen it by now. I'll look into the filesystem permissions - the file exists.

Quote:
Similar but not the same. Note the presence of the "= models/..."?
You don't want to say hsm_vis_model = blah just have hsm_vis_model blah...
Ah yes I see my error - I'll try again when I get a chance.
paegus
Old 06-13-2013 , 03:31   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #26

The plantpot filename is misleading. That IS the hidden player model... well it used to be. It also contains the visible textured version.

Though frankly, if the server can't access that model, then theoretically it should be failing for EVERYONE as it errors out before it reaches the successful "Plugin_Handled" output that prevents the command from reaching the core and the core replying with "Unknown command"...

Odd that it happens on multiple servers.

When would they be available to test it live? my time slots are quite limited and my steam umm.. thingy is http://steamcommunity.com/id/paegus
treminaor
Old 06-13-2013 , 03:36   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
The plantpot filename is misleading. That IS the hidden player model... well
When would they be available to test it live? my time slots are quite limited and my steam umm.. thingy is http://steamcommunity.com/id/paegus
If you could provide me with a schedule, my friend could meet up with you on any server around this time (or later, or earlier) - whenever is convenient for you. Just let me know a date, time, and timezone and I'll let him know. I'll add you on Steam if you would rather talk there.
treminaor
Old 06-14-2013 , 02:15   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #28

When a client connects who can't use +visible, I see this in the server console:

CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'downloads/01df9a03.dat' doesn't exist.
CreateFragmentsFromFile: 'downloads/01df9a03.dat' doesn't exist.
paegus
Old 06-14-2013 , 04:25   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #29

This issue is resolve. Stray = signs are stray...
Dragonman326
Old 06-19-2013 , 19:08   Re: [Hidden:Source] Visibility
Reply With Quote #30

Where would the plugins folder? i have the Hidden folder in C:\Srcds\Hidden but when i look in Hidden there is no plugins folder? Do i create one and drop this plugin in there?