Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Installation tutorial:

Post New Thread Reply   

BoooM.TUF
Old 02-23-2006 , 23:04   Installation tutorial:
Reply With Quote #1

I'm not sure if this is at all appreciated, if not, just feel free to remove the thread, no biggy.

I'v had a lot of requests so far from people asking me how to make a server into a cssdm server, and when referring them to the current installation guide, i'd still get a million questions. Thats why I decided to write a tutorial on how to install it, I hope it helps, if not Bummer, I tried, if it works, than good, either way:

http://www.BoooM.co.uk/CSSDMTutorial.html
fgcaesar
Old 06-01-2006 , 22:43   haha
Reply With Quote #2

hahaha...i about died laughing at this when I saw it.

Great job man. I have found many posts asking for instructions or help and all the responses to them were rude and just down right idiotic.

Saying stupid things like RTFM...there is zero manual, the FAQ is limited at best and the comments in the config file wouldnt pass a college 101 programming class.

The mod is great and fun, and I appreciate the work of the developer.

But thank YOU for the great tut!
Krakle
Old 06-06-2006 , 16:40  
Reply With Quote #3

Ok, about the tutorial, I did all of that but whenever I start my server it reverts my gameinfo.txt back into its orginal format and it won't go to the fixed version I've tried overwritting it several times but it keeps reverting back.Nevermind, fixed by making the server dedicated.
ThatDDandBKidd
Old 06-06-2006 , 22:07  
Reply With Quote #4

Thank's for the tutorial, I started following it step by step and here is where I'm hung up. In the Metamod Source section #3 of tut. I pulled up the "gameinfo.tet" file but can't find the "I" or something like an "I" like character that is just before and after the gameinfo_patch listing. i.e-
{

Game (spaces) I gameinfo_path I addons/metamod/bin
Game (spaces) I gameinfo_path I .
Game (spaces) cstrike
Game (spaces) hl2

}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{
Game ? gameinfo_path ? addons/metamod/bin
Game ? gameinfo_path ? .
Game ? cstrike
Game ? hl2
}
Where the ? marks are, is where I need to know just what character to type. It looks like an \ thats not tilted to me but nothing on my keyboard looks like it. An I is as close as I can come to it.
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2006 , 00:20  
Reply With Quote #5

The character is | which is SHIFT + \ on your keyboard.
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2006 , 10:23  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3
Where is it on that wacky Irish keyboard?
NOBODYs HERo
Old 06-07-2006 , 14:39   Thank you !!
Reply With Quote #7

I've used your tutorial with success. I've even refered your tutorial to others. Never heard back from them but i dont see most of them requesting extra help. What I'm trying to say is , Outstanding job my man !!
You can tell when someone cares about their work. The fact your trying to help thousands ?? become DM players is great . I really enjoy BAILOPANS DM . I try to help and participate in these forums where i can. Some of these guys are like computer gods. You can tell who those ones are because they're the least helpful and keep refering you to the Forums. Keep up the good work BoooM.TUF.

NOBODYs HERo.
Send a message via MSN to NOBODYs HERo
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2006 , 14:54  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3
Where is it on that wacky Irish keyboard?
Well, at the moment im using a Logitech G15 purchased from the states and gotten through customs without any extra charge for $115. At the time I never thought about the layout difference but after it arrived I was like WTF??!#?#@ You guys have like three less keys, it took me about two weeks to get used to using it like this but now im back at pro level ;)

Anyways, to answer your question, its still above the \ key but that key is located to the left of z. The Enter key is taller on ours and takes up the space the \ key does on your keyboard, but ours is thinner in width and there is an extra key with # and ~ in the space the Enter key takes up in width on your keyboard.

The UK sterling pound symbol is above 3 and the key beside 1 which you guys have ~ and ` still has ` but also has some other ridiculous symbol on ours in place of ~.