Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

LambdaLambda
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-25-2015 , 10:25   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #521

Ignore the source code. On the pic you can easily see one ad overlaying another. It doesn't matter if the reason of that is that you double playing videos, or if that's a banner - both of those activities are illigal, thats the only reason why I'm showing it to others. I saw it on my server, so I opened my link in browser and printscreened to you.

First of all, if you are sharing an ad space, you're not covering it with anything.

Second of all, even if it's a banner, then bad luck for you, because I have disabled banners, so motdgd is cheating on me, trying to hide banners with overlayed videos. Seriously? Are you guys that desperate?
Ixel
Old 05-25-2015 , 16:13   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaLambda View Post
Ignore the source code. On the pic you can easily see one ad overlaying another. It doesn't matter if the reason of that is that you double playing videos, or if that's a banner - both of those activities are illigal, thats the only reason why I'm showing it to others. I saw it on my server, so I opened my link in browser and printscreened to you.

First of all, if you are sharing an ad space, you're not covering it with anything.

Second of all, even if it's a banner, then bad luck for you, because I have disabled banners, so motdgd is cheating on me, trying to hide banners with overlayed videos. Seriously? Are you guys that desperate?
The source code would tell me the actual location or certain details about the ad that's currently showing, an image means nothing to me as there's literally thousands of different advertisements served and so could be any one of those. Further I could run the same code and see what's causing your claimed 'two ads playing at the same time' problem.

Second, I hate to correct you but you didn't printscreen anything directly to me or via the official support channel. Instead you came straight on this thread appearing to look to cause trouble for MOTDgd once again without even trying to contact us first and give us a chance to look into this.

We aren't desperate for anything, but you seem desperate enough to cause the first sign of trouble for us .
LambdaLambda
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-25-2015 , 18:54   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #523

Yes, it would. But I did not copy the pic, initially I did not mean to even share it in here, but I done it SSed it for friend of mine.

And by the way, please give me ONE reason why would I even be bothered of letting you know about it? That's not in my business to make sure you will make your cash safely, you're not paying for finding bugs, and the problem I showed does not affect MY income, it affects yours, because that's scam. So i haven't got any reason to contact you.

Anyway, I already contacted you via "Support" page, describing my serious concerns, and your reply was "you're the only one that has any problems with our services". Which isnt true, as you can see by reading posts in that thread.

I did not post it in here for you, Ixel. As I said, your wallet is not any of my business, but mine is, and it was obvious, so you won't coffees to it. But I'm your client, and you're advertising your services on this community. So be aware that any "kinky games" we find out, will be placed in here.

As I already told you if goes about impressions, me and others don't care about the reason of those problems. If that's your player or your technology makes problems, or maybe you do it on the purpose. Ad networks neither care about it. So better work on your professionalism level, because otherwise someone who ain't wish you good as I do will make list of your bloops and let them know.

PS that's interesting, so after my post and calling your actions "fraud", you have posted "Fraud detection" post on your group.

Last edited by LambdaLambda; 05-25-2015 at 18:56.
Ixel
Old 05-25-2015 , 21:14   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaLambda View Post
Yes, it would. But I did not copy the pic, initially I did not mean to even share it in here, but I done it SSed it for friend of mine.

And by the way, please give me ONE reason why would I even be bothered of letting you know about it? That's not in my business to make sure you will make your cash safely, you're not paying for finding bugs, and the problem I showed does not affect MY income, it affects yours, because that's scam. So i haven't got any reason to contact you.

Anyway, I already contacted you via "Support" page, describing my serious concerns, and your reply was "you're the only one that has any problems with our services". Which isnt true, as you can see by reading posts in that thread.

I did not post it in here for you, Ixel. As I said, your wallet is not any of my business, but mine is, and it was obvious, so you won't coffees to it. But I'm your client, and you're advertising your services on this community. So be aware that any "kinky games" we find out, will be placed in here.

As I already told you if goes about impressions, me and others don't care about the reason of those problems. If that's your player or your technology makes problems, or maybe you do it on the purpose. Ad networks neither care about it. So better work on your professionalism level, because otherwise someone who ain't wish you good as I do will make list of your bloops and let them know.

PS that's interesting, so after my post and calling your actions "fraud", you have posted "Fraud detection" post on your group.
I've tried to be helpful here but at the moment I'm not getting a great deal of useful feedback in return.

Please could you quote me the ticket number that had this response? I'd like to see what happened.

I appreciate that you're our client, but with what I have here so far you're asking me to look for a needle in a haystack. Sure I'll try, but you probably know as well as I how difficult this will be - though my understanding is that you believe we're scamming you and other members when infact we aren't at all. As I'll keep re-iterating, this claim you've made is not intentional and has to be a specific ad, or small subset of ads, which is causing an unexpected action.

Fraud detection has nothing to do with the issues you've mentioned so far, completely unrelated I'm afraid.

EDIT: I'm please to say that I've finally found the advertisement after quite a bit of searching and it doesn't do what you've originally said. I've also recorded what I see with Bandicam and have uploaded it to Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcSna4St20 - the interactive options after the video clip are all part of the same advertisement. We're only paid for one impression, as you would be paid for that one impression too. Those interactive options disappear after a couple of seconds if none are used and then the advertisement finishes.

Last edited by Ixel; 05-26-2015 at 06:25. Reason: Found the ad, not playing twice however
medic917
Old 05-31-2015 , 01:18   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #525

never had the issue he/she is mentioning. love the work you put into trying to look into it though Ixel
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-02-2015 , 04:24   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #526

Quote:
+ Added 'sm_motdgd_chat' to toggle usage of chat advertisements (thanks to Bottiger)
What exactly is this? Advertising the use of motdgd or is it another type of ad?
Old 06-02-2015 , 05:03   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #527

Always been using sm_motdgd_chat = "1" since it was added, but ive never seen an advertisement in the chat.
Nekros1
Old 06-05-2015 , 16:30   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #528

Hi, i have a little problem with this plugin
When I enter the server, motd will stay black like this http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2...8#.VXIFzlXtlBc no matter how much time I spend on this screen
when finally i join the server, the ad video will play in the background (at a very loud volume).
has anyone encoutered this kind of problem and can help me resolve it? because I'd like not to have ads on background while playing...

Last edited by Nekros1; 06-05-2015 at 16:32.
eric0279
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-12-2015 , 07:15   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #529

Quote:
L 06/12/2015 - 11:20:20: SourceMod error session started
L 06/12/2015 - 11:20:20: Info (map "c5m2_park") (file "errors_20150612.log")
L 06/12/2015 - 11:20:20: [SM] Native "GetConVarFloat" reported: Invalid convar handle 0 (error 4)
L 06/12/2015 - 11:20:20: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "motdgd_advert.smx":
L 06/12/2015 - 11:20:20: [SM] [0] Line 255, G:\L4D2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\motdgd_adv ert.sp::Event_Start()
L 06/12/2015 - 11:26:06: [SM] Native "GetConVarFloat" reported: Invalid convar handle 0 (error 4)
L 06/12/2015 - 11:26:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "motdgd_advert.smx":
L 06/12/2015 - 11:26:06: [SM] [0] Line 255, G:\L4D2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\motdgd_adv ert.sp::Event_Start()
version:2.2.9

lmao:
Quote:
L 06/12/2015 - 11:43:53: [motdgd_advert.smx] Advertisement preload isn't possible as either the cURL or Socket extension isn't installed or this server is running an unsupported game
Quote:
[SM] Displaying 20 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.6.0-dev+4171): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.6.0-dev+4171): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] Builtin Votes (0.5.: API to do votes using the L4D, L4D2, and Orange Box Valve game in-game vote interface
[04] Left 4 Downtown 2 Extension (0.5.4.2): Downtown1's extension to perform useful L4D1/L4D2 calls
[05] BinTools (1.6.0-dev+4171): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[06] SDK Hooks (1.6.0-dev+4171): Source SDK Hooks
[07] Equinox DoS Protect (1.0): Bite me alien boi
[08] DHooks (1.0.12-alpha): Allows basic dynamic hooks
[09] SDK Tools (1.6.0-dev+4171): Source SDK Tools
[10] Config Extension (1.0.2): Wrapper for libconfig
[11] cURL Extension (1.3.0.0): cURL Extension
[12] Top Menus (1.6.0-dev+4171): Creates sorted nested menus
[13] <FAILED> file "connect.ext.so": /left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/extensions/connect.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[14] Regex (1.6.0-dev+4171): Provides regex natives for plugins
[15] SMRCon (1.2.1): Tools for SM plugins to interact with rcon auth and requests
[16] Socket (3.0.1alpha): Socket extension for SourceMod
[17] Client Preferences (1.6.0-dev+4171): Saves client preference settings
[18] SQLite (1.6.0-dev+4171): SQLite Driver
[19] GeoIP (1.6.0-dev+4171): Geographical IP information
[20] GeoIPCity (1.1.0): Geographical IP information

Last edited by eric0279; 06-12-2015 at 07:40.
i9i
Old 06-13-2015 , 03:29   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #530

So motdgd seems to be offline?