Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 REQ]fun voting and admin set commands

Post New Thread Reply   

RikkAndrsn
Old 10-01-2008 , 11:16   [TF2 REQ]fun voting and admin set commands
Reply With Quote #1

Hey all, just have a few ideas to put out here since I'm not capable of scripting myself:

/voteuber - starts a vote that will give players a ubercharge invuln for a set amount of seconds, with the seconds decided like this /voteuber # (where # is time in seconds)

/giveuber - works just like voteuber except does not have a vote

/votecrit - starts a vote that will give players a kritzkreig boost for a set amount of seconds, with seconds decided same as vote uber

/givecrit gives crits just like votecrit except without the vote

/voteignite sets a player on fire (I've seen lots of burn scripts but never any with the actual pyro's fire) for a certain number of seconds

I haven't decided the name for this yet, but I'll tell you what it does: it gives you an uber and kritzkreig boost for a certain number of seconds, but it also makes you a beacon and will make you explode when your time is up. Like most of my ideas, both admin and vot started. (possibly called /makeubercritbeaconbomb, lol)

/votecloak gives players a spy cloak for a certain number of seconds

/givecloak same as vote cloak without the vote

/votenoclip gives no clip to a player until they die

/givenoclip same as vote noclip without the vote

/votemoonround sets gravity to 1/16 then re-loads the map and changes gravity to 1/4 (this way projectiles and ragdolls will get 4 times less gravity than players)

/startmoonround same as vote moon round without the vote

I'll add more ideas as they hit me! I know most of these ideas exist in some form or another, but I've never seen them compiled or in exactly the way I envision them.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2008 , 16:31   Re: [TF2 REQ]fun voting and admin set commands
Reply With Quote #2

Some of these are possible, some are kinda-sorta already done.

The Uber stuff is not possible, however. A while ago Valve took out the ability to manually Uber a player, and I wish I knew why! The same goes for Cloak, but I don't know that one for a fact. As a side note, it is possible to manually set a Medic's Uber meter and a Spy's Cloak meter, so that is somewhat useful.

The Kritzkrieg stuff is possible in a way, I don't believe you'll be able to give them the lightning effects but you can make them 100% crit on a 10 second timer.

I've never tested the "ignite" Source I/O and I'm not sure if it behaves like a Pyro burn, but someone else might have tested this so I'll leave that open.

I know you can already manually give noclip using the sm_noclip (username) or /noclip (username) chat command, but I don't think there is a vote version. Maybe that should be added to the funvoted standard plugin?
Old 10-01-2008 , 16:48   Re: [TF2 REQ]fun voting and admin set commands
Reply With Quote #3

The heart and soul of my ideas has been cut out!
It's literally only the visuals that I really want to see, because having the powers without them (godmode and 100% crit) seems so un-TF2. Well, everything in excess or not at all seems to be true here...