Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]

Post New Thread Reply   

iDini
Old 01-11-2022 , 06:57   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #61

Each time I place a sm_neon_save beam it doesn't save after map reload. Also constantly see this in the console

InputRunScript line = (1) column = (92) : error expected ')'
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-11-2022 , 07:02   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDini View Post
Each time I place a sm_neon_save beam it doesn't save after map reload. Also constantly see this in the console

Maybe the SM "data" folder doesn't have permissions to create the file. Those errors appear to be from VScript not the plugin.
Old 01-11-2022 , 07:42   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Maybe the SM "data" folder doesn't have permissions to create the file. Those errors appear to be from VScript not the plugin.
Yeah my mistake I just realized exactly what the error was coming from. As for the saving.. It saves the config in data/neon but if you reload map and wait x amount of time it never loads the config. I have also tried force load it with sm_neon_load. I'm only using sm_neon_save to make beams
Silvers
Old 01-16-2022 , 05:40   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDini View Post
It saves the config in data/neon but if you reload map and wait x amount of time it never loads the config. I have also tried force load it with sm_neon_load. I'm only using sm_neon_save to make beams
Which game? If CS:GO or something can you also say which gamemode. I've tried to add support for various games but I don't know all the events required but will look into once I know which game has issues.
Old 01-17-2022 , 08:54   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Which game? If CS:GO or something can you also say which gamemode. I've tried to add support for various games but I don't know all the events required but will look into once I know which game has issues.
CSGO. I have tried the plugin and it "works" but nothing is saved on reloads. The plugin has perms to write and does save configs, but when map reloads they do nothing. It's supposed to put the laser/beams where they were placed when use neon_beam_save or whatever that command is
Silvers
Old 01-17-2022 , 09:43   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #66

You didn't mention which gamemode.

You would have to mess around with the events, I don't have CS:GO installed and can't setup a server right now to test. Could try removing the "round_end_upload_stats" line and recompile to test. Maybe someone who has CS:GO setup can test and report the fixes required.

PHP Code:
        case Engine_CSGO:
        {

HookEventEx("round_start",                Event_RoundStart,    EventHookMode_PostNoCopy);

HookEventEx("round_end",                Event_RoundEnded,    EventHookMode_PostNoCopy);

HookEventEx("round_end_upload_stats",    Event_RoundEnded,    EventHookMode_PostNoCopy); // Fires after warmup round.

Old 01-17-2022 , 17:54   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
You didn't mention which gamemode.

You would have to mess around with the events, I don't have CS:GO installed and can't setup a server right now to test. Could try removing the "round_end_upload_stats" line and recompile to test. Maybe someone who has CS:GO setup can test and report the fixes required.

PHP Code:
        case Engine_CSGO:
        {

HookEventEx("round_start",                Event_RoundStart,    EventHookMode_PostNoCopy);

HookEventEx("round_end",                Event_RoundEnded,    EventHookMode_PostNoCopy);

HookEventEx("round_end_upload_stats",    Event_RoundEnded,    EventHookMode_PostNoCopy); // Fires after warmup round.

Lol my mistake, it's CSGO surf. I can try and edit the sp to see
larrybrains
Old 12-09-2022 , 01:48   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #68

Is there a way to rotate the particles or control which direction the particles will curve?

They seem to all curve horizontally for me unless it's a really short distance and it would be nice to have them look like they are drooping down from gravity instead.
Silvers
Old 12-11-2022 , 22:01   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #69

Maybe rotating the angle when spawning, or some of the datamaps/netprops that control the particle. Would have to look at Valve maps and how they rotate them into position. It's not something I have an interest in doing.
Old 12-12-2022 , 18:19   Re: [ANY] Neon Beams (1.14) [04-Dec-2021]
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Maybe rotating the angle when spawning, or some of the datamaps/netprops that control the particle. Would have to look at Valve maps and how they rotate them into position. It's not something I have an interest in doing.
Bummer, was hoping to create and save Christmas light decorations for some of the maps and share them here.

I was looking at the lights in c2m2_fairgrounds and it looks like they just set the pitch/yaw/roll on the info_particle_target e.g "angles" "90 270 0"