Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2012 , 13:57   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Maybe. Honestly though, it takes a good two or three hits to kill off Dead-ringer spies. They go flying away each time hale punches them, so he rarely gets to hit them more than once after they've been dead-ringered.
not if u hit in the mid hitbox, they nvr go flying.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2012 , 18:09   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

to anyone whom this concerns

In my VSH server, I decided to change the map to cp_dustbowl for the lulz to play normal maps with the modded vsh weapons, when we finished the first part of the map, hale appeared as the entire blue team of the map and made everyone go "wtf lol" so we played normal with hale trying to kill us and cap the point, but as soon as hale died trying to cap the second last point, my server crashed with me going LOL as i restarted it.
What im trying to say is, how do I make plugin more CP or payload friendly?

I KNOW THAT HALE IS DESIGNED FOR ARENA, but im wondering for other gametypes can it be done?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2012 , 20:33   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

It can be done with KOTH using a special config/method (read the thread a bit, search button, Stripper:Source)

Also, doesn't matter where you hit them, only where you hit them from. If you hit them straight downwards they of course won't fly. But chances are you hit them off to the side.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2012 , 00:14   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
It can be done with KOTH using a special config/method (read the thread a bit, search button, Stripper:Source).
Is it possible to make hale run on cp maps without crashes?
Its funny in the fact that u gotta keep hale from capping the first point just by bouncing him around.
bottleboy
Old 04-30-2012 , 03:58   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Also, doesn't matter where you hit them, only where you hit them from. If you hit them straight downwards they of course won't fly. But chances are you hit them off to the side.
It depends on how you hit them e.g. if Hale is on level ground with me, he can get me easily, but if I'm above him, then yes, I go flying. I go flying too if Hale is crouching and whacks my head xD. Maybe increase the damage against dead ringer even more so you don't have to three-hit KO them anymore?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2012 , 11:14   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

That's the plan.

nergal: no.

Psyduck likes replays.
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2012 , 12:34   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I found a small bug in the player_death code.
All my regulars were complaining that dead ringer spies had a different kill icon (the shovel one instead of the fists one) and therefore were easier to spot.
The problem is with:
PHP Code:
if (!IsValidClient(client) || GetClientHealth(client) > 0)
        return 
Plugin_Continue
that should be:
PHP Code:
if (!IsValidClient(client) || (GetClientHealth(client) > && TF2_GetPlayerClass(client) != TFClass_Spy))
        return 
Plugin_Continue
I do understand this was added to prevent fake kills from being counted, but apart from the goomba plugin I have nothing else that fakes kills in my server, and I also added some checks for the weapon_logclassname to prevent goombas from being counted. You could add a check for the goomba kill though, since I believe all VSH servers don't have anything else that fakes kills.

Last edited by napalm00; 04-30-2012 at 12:37.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2012 , 15:54   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

So THAT'S where that bug is. Thanks. Completely missed it for the longest time. I may have that as a cvar if I don't nerf DR spies.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 04-30-2012 at 15:54.
bottleboy
Old 05-01-2012 , 05:22   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
So THAT'S where that bug is. Thanks. Completely missed it for the longest time. I may have that as a cvar if I don't nerf DR spies.
Lol, I've always used this to my advantage whenever I'm Hale, it'd be great if it was a cvar.

Also, as spy, even without the dead ringer delay it's still quite hard to get away from a stab because hale always gets the floating ghosts when he rages xD

Oh and are you still taking suggestions for the Manno Technology bundle?

EDIT: Hmm...what if the Fan O War was like the Jarate? I.e. hitting vag shortens his uber, and with cbs it removes an arrow? Or maybe cbs arrow removal is too OP...

Last edited by bottleboy; 05-01-2012 at 05:32.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2012 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm00 View Post
I found a small bug in the player_death code.
All my regulars were complaining that dead ringer spies had a different kill icon (the shovel one instead of the fists one) and therefore were easier to spot.
The problem is with:
PHP Code:
if (!IsValidClient(client) || GetClientHealth(client) > 0)
        return 
Plugin_Continue
that should be:
PHP Code:
if (!IsValidClient(client) || (GetClientHealth(client) > && TF2_GetPlayerClass(client) != TFClass_Spy))
        return 
Plugin_Continue
I do understand this was added to prevent fake kills from being counted, but apart from the goomba plugin I have nothing else that fakes kills in my server, and I also added some checks for the weapon_logclassname to prevent goombas from being counted. You could add a check for the goomba kill though, since I believe all VSH servers don't have anything else that fakes kills.
where do we find some of the required things like <colors> to permit compiling VSH

or will someone post the compiled plugin with the latest bug fix?
Closed Thread