Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

req [$6/month] Asian Server Host

Post New Thread Reply   

dustinandband
Old 06-20-2019 , 01:29   req [$6/month] Asian Server Host
Reply With Quote #1

Looking for anyone with a dedicated server (not a VPS / VDS) who'd be willing to let me host a single instance of a L4D2 server there.

Requirements:

* Would prefer someone who likes to keep their machine underloaded.
* The server requires a cronjob + shell script running in order to reboot, since it fully shuts down upon certain events (e.g. all players disconnect). Very simple to set up though and I can help.
* I provide occasional updates (not often), but the files are organized so it's a simple copy / paste into the 'left4dead2/' file folder.
* Security (i.e. only the guy I'm renting from has FTP access)

I'm not very familiar with Asian locations and which is the best for the asian playerbase as a whole. For example, in the United States - Chicago is a great central location. New York would be for US vs Euro games. I'm not sure what the equivalent of these locations are for the Asian region. Players who'll be regularly using the server would be from China, Bangladesh, and Japan (also one guy from Australia).

About the server / group:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/fixedsurvival

Payments:
I'd prefer payments be made through patreon, as I'm renting from someone else (for two EU servers + one Chicago server) via that platform, and I find it most convenient for payments to be automatic on the 1st of each month.

I'd probably have some people play test a server you already have running (any source game would probably work) to make sure ping's OK and doesn't fluctuate. I've had the worst luck with noisy neighbors on any VDS / VPS (with the exception of NFO servers), so that's why I've decided to go the dedicated server route.

If you have any questions post under this forum.
(Post your server group as well so I can have some players play test it)
morpig
Old 06-26-2019 , 04:16   Re: req [$6/month] Asian Server Host
Reply With Quote #2

Hey bro,

For Asian region the suitable location is Singapore. Unfortunately, internet bandwidth and server prices are still high in this region. For only $6/month, I think you will have a difficult time finding one.