Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VERY strange bug on Win32 server...

Post New Thread Reply   

imported_Anth0ny
Old 09-03-2007 , 11:20   VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #1

I have 2 Win32 servers. more-less identical.
Platform: Xeon 3.2 GHz

SourceMod and all plugins - latest versions.

On one server i found VERY strange bug (I CAN'T explain what is it): if i use more than 25 plugins (for SourceMod), server stops to send me data about it cvars...

So, my QStat query won't work.

qstat.exe -R -a2s 213.148.0.244:27015

For example:

before adding 26 plugin
Code:
protocol=7,gamedir=cstrike,gamename=Counter-Strike: Source,dedicated=1,sv_os=windows,secure=
1,version=1.0.0.34,sm_nextmap=de_cpl_fire,sm_ads_version=1.0.2.0,sm_admin_sounds_version=1.0,mp_team
play=0,mp_fraglimit=0,mp_falldamage=1,mp_weaponstay=0,mp_forcerespawn=1,mp_footsteps=1,mp_flashlight
=1,mp_autocrosshair=1,decalfrequency=30,mp_teamlist=hgrunt;scientist,mp_allowNPCs=1,mp_friendlyfire=
1,sv_gravity=800,sv_stopspeed=75,sv_noclipaccelerate=5,sv_noclipspeed=5,sv_specaccelerate=5,sv_specs
peed=3,sv_specnoclip=1,sv_maxspeed=300,sv_accelerate=5,sv_airaccelerate=10,sv_wateraccelerate=10,sv_
waterfriction=1,sv_footsteps=1,sv_rollspeed=200,sv_rollangle=0,sv_friction=4,sv_bounce=0,sv_stepsize
=18,r_VehicleViewDampen=1,r_JeepViewDampenFreq=7.0,r_JeepViewDampenDamp=1.0,r_JeepViewZHeight=10.0,r
_AirboatViewDampenFreq=7.0,r_AirboatViewDampenDamp=1.0,r_AirboatViewZHeight=0.0,mp_timelimit=25,sv_a
lltalk=0,nextlevel=,mp_autoteambalance=0,mp_maxrounds=0,mp_roundtime=2,mp_freezetime=7,mp_c4timer=35
,mp_limitteams=2,mp_hostagepenalty=4,sourcemod_version=1.0.0.1401,metamod_version=1.5.0.420,sv_voice
enable=1,sv_contact=,sv_pausable=0,sv_cheats=0,coop=0,deathmatch=1,tv_password=0,tv_relaypassword=0,
sv_password=0
after adding 26 plugin
Code:
protocol=7,gamedir=cstrike,gamename=Counter-Strike: Source,dedicated=1,sv_os=windows,secure=
1,version=1.0.0.34
it can be any plugin.
so strange... i don't understand wtf...

=(
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2007 , 14:16   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #2

I've heard reports of some versions of detox doing this, though I thought it was fixed. (As the issue is no longer occuring for our instance).

I also have heard of the "fakefull" plugins (not fakeclient) messing with proper query output.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
sslice
Old 09-03-2007 , 14:40   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #3

It is not the plugins messing with the query data (well, not really). Running several plugins on a server just adds to the amount of rules shown in the queries, sometimes up to the point where multiple packets are needed for a full response. Now, it is true that some plugins have more rules shown in the query than others, or even none at all. The real reason for this problem is that the program used to parse the server queries does not handle the responses correctly (which is understandable, since Valve had only recently documented these apparent changes). When the rules query is broken up into multiple pieces, the bzip2 algorithm may be used to compress the data. Read all about it here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries

You should try downloading the latest version of QStat and see if they have addressed this. If not, either contact the developer(s) or find an alternative.

Last edited by sslice; 09-03-2007 at 14:42.
S1ugg0
Old 09-05-2007 , 13:04   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #4

imported anthony test this----> its from matties event site about es_tools but it works with sm aswell. i have almost the same machine as you, and win 2003 server.

So with Windows 2003 Service Pack 2, M$ added some data execution prevention. I added srcds.exe to my exception list for this new feature and my server started up with v418 the first try!

Right click My Computer and choose Properties. Then click the Advanced Tab, and then click the Settings button under Performance. Next go the last tab (Data Execution Prevention). If you are crashing with ES TOOLS loading, you should already have the lower radio dial option selected (Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select). Now you can either hit "Add" and browse to srcds.exe and put it in that way. Or you can choose the top radio dial button to turn DEP off for 3rd party programs. (Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only)
imported_Anth0ny
Old 09-05-2007 , 14:17   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslice View Post
It is not the plugins messing with the query data (well, not really). Running several plugins on a server just adds to the amount of rules shown in the queries, sometimes up to the point where multiple packets are needed for a full response. Now, it is true that some plugins have more rules shown in the query than others, or even none at all. The real reason for this problem is that the program used to parse the server queries does not handle the responses correctly (which is understandable, since Valve had only recently documented these apparent changes). When the rules query is broken up into multiple pieces, the bzip2 algorithm may be used to compress the data. Read all about it here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server_queries

You should try downloading the latest version of QStat and see if they have addressed this. If not, either contact the developer(s) or find an alternative.
hmmm.. it can be a potential problem for quering Sourcemod-servers, because we (sm-users) use too many plugins and it publish too many cvars...

and no new version of QStats is available. =(

mb a special cvar for plugins what is prevent plugin to publish it's own cvars to global enviroment will be right way..?
imported_Anth0ny
Old 09-05-2007 , 14:18   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ugg0 View Post
imported anthony test this----> its from matties event site about es_tools but it works with sm aswell. i have almost the same machine as you, and win 2003 server.

So with Windows 2003 Service Pack 2, M$ added some data execution prevention. I added srcds.exe to my exception list for this new feature and my server started up with v418 the first try!

Right click My Computer and choose Properties. Then click the Advanced Tab, and then click the Settings button under Performance. Next go the last tab (Data Execution Prevention). If you are crashing with ES TOOLS loading, you should already have the lower radio dial option selected (Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select). Now you can either hit "Add" and browse to srcds.exe and put it in that way. Or you can choose the top radio dial button to turn DEP off for 3rd party programs. (Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only)
thanks! will try today....
=)
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2007 , 14:55   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #7

I posted about a similar issue ages ago when my server stopped responding to Xfire queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Anth0ny View Post

mb a special cvar for plugins what is prevent plugin to publish it's own cvars to global enviroment will be right way..?
Like this
Old 09-05-2007 , 19:43   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ugg0 View Post
This isn't even close to related to it.

If anything, it's a bug in qstat not handling valve's format correctly .. I suggest you inform the developers of it that it needs updating.
Old 09-06-2007 , 02:08   Re: VERY strange bug on Win32 server...
Reply With Quote #9

devicenull
Sorry didnt se it was about qstat.

Last edited by S1ugg0; 09-06-2007 at 02:40.