Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Can bots make their own waypoints?

Post New Thread Reply   

GlobalPlague
Old 10-25-2021 , 02:18   Can bots make their own waypoints?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. Are there bots, for CS 1.6, that can make their own waypoints, meanng that it doesn't matter what map you introduce to the bots, the bots will scan the map, and then they will automatically make their own waypoints and then the bots will be able to reach any location on the map, to hide, climb, and 'know' how to overcome obstacles by jumping over the obstacles or ducking so they can move under the obstacle, etc..., without you having to manually create every way-point?

Currently, i have to create every single way-point manually. Is there a way that bots themself will create the waypoints, automatically?

I heard that way-points are not needed at all, and that bots can be (continuously) scanning the map in real-time, instead of following pre-programmed waypoints. If such a method really exists, please, feel free to explain me how to do it.

Thanks.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-25-2021 , 03:05   Re: Can bots make their own waypoints?
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not sure if such bots exist for 1.6, but what I can tell you is you absolutely do not want bots that explore the map in real time to find paths. The performance will be horrible to the point where it is unplayable.
Old 10-26-2021 , 20:25   Re: Can bots make their own waypoints?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
I'm not sure if such bots exist for 1.6, but what I can tell you is you absolutely do not want bots that explore the map in real time to find paths. The performance will be horrible to the point where it is unplayable.
Is it easy or hard to make bots to explore the map in real-time, instead of following pre-programmed waypoints?

If it's not that hard, would you explain me what do i need to do in order to make bots to scan/explore tha map in real-time, instead of following pre-programmed waypoints?

I use SyPB that is based on YaPB.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-27-2021 , 06:49   Re: Can bots make their own waypoints?
Reply With Quote #4

If you don't have any experience coding then it is hard. Even if you know how to code, it isn't trivial.
And I already said you shouldn't try to do that. Likely with 10 bots the server will be completely frozen.