Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Request] Please help me identify this serverside vocalizer related mod [L4D2]

Post New Thread Reply   

theo4738
Old 03-31-2018 , 20:05   [Request] Please help me identify this serverside vocalizer related mod [L4D2]
Reply With Quote #1

I have played on a number of custom servers running sourcemod featuring a mod that changes vocalizer output for L4D2, and I am trying to figure out exactly what mod it is and where it might be available.

The mod adds many vocalizes; a vocalize command (scream) will have many other outputs with the mod; Survivors will scream the 'falling from ledge' vocalize in addition to standard screams. Another example is if a survivor vocalizes being choked by a smoker, it will use the Dead Center specific screams, from before survivors know what survivors are called (so Nick might say 'What's this sh*t??')

I check the output of 'sm plugins' and received the following as a list of all installed mods.

If anyone can tell me which mod this might be I would greatly appreciate it, as I have been trying to figure it out on and off for a very long time
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2018 , 00:59   Re: [Request] Please help me identify this serverside vocalizer related mod [L4D2]
Reply With Quote #2

Think that’s survivor mourns fix by Deathchaos.
Old 04-01-2018 , 06:38   Re: [Request] Please help me identify this serverside vocalizer related mod [L4D2]
Reply With Quote #3

As far as I am aware of these custom vocalize changes, ONLY VPKs and VScripts are capable of doing this task efficiently.

I know so, since I have played on some servers in which the survivors say "Oof!" instead of their usual "Aaaah!" when using the adrenalines.

It can be done with a plugin... but expect it to be messy because one must find out the appropriate delay timer for a specific scene to be performed after another specific scene was performed. Example is what you stated in your post.

This is what I meant:

Last edited by cravenge; 04-01-2018 at 06:59.