12% 

NoClip without flying

Post New Thread Reply   

DPT
Old 08-17-2012 , 00:02   NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #1

Good Morning,

I have been playing around with noclip on players. This code:

set_pev(entity,pev_movetype,MOVETYPE_NOCLIP) does the job. However, is it possible that a

player has noclip but without allowing him to fly around or go underground?

In other words, Is it possible to allow a player to walk through walls but without flying or going underground?

All I'm aiming for is a player that can walk through walls or any solid entity yet he cannot fly or go under the ground.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2012 , 00:45   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #2

No possible, also when you are in a wall, there is no floor anymore, so would allow players to go out from wall and ot be in the ground.

- my plugins -
pokemonmaster
princess milk
Old 08-17-2012 , 17:37   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
No possible, also when you are in a wall, there is no floor anymore, so would allow players to go out from wall and ot be in the ground.
But how about locking the player's x position (or y I don't know much about positions -.-)
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-17-2012 , 19:00   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmaster View Post
But how about locking the player's x position (or y I don't know much about positions -.-)
And if the ground is higher (or lower) than the ground on the other side of the wall?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
DPT
Old 08-17-2012 , 19:38   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #5

hmmm.. Yep that's true.. Alright what would happen if i set a timer for it? Players would go underground and after 20 seconds for example, i set the normal MOVETYPE_WALK mode. But my question is, what would happen if I set it to the normal walk mode while players are underground? Would they automatically be brought up to the ground?

Edit: after searching the forums, i found out that players need to be placed on the ground when semiclip is off. Can anyone please tell me how I can place any player on the ground?

Edit 2: Nevermind what I wrote above in this reply, I found what im looking for. Now the question is.. When fly mode is on, the aim really gets hard.. It becomes very hard to shoot a target while flying.. anything to make aiming easier only in flying mode?

Final Update: I found a solution.. ConnorMcLeod, pokemonmaster, YamiKaitou Thanks for your help guys

Last edited by DPT; 08-18-2012 at 12:34.
pokemonmaster
princess milk
Old 08-18-2012 , 17:25   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPT View Post
Final Update: I found a solution.. ConnorMcLeod, pokemonmaster, YamiKaitou Thanks for your help guys
Well, can you tell us the solution?
DPT
Old 08-19-2012 , 21:51   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #7

pokemonmaster solution to which problem exactly? I've been through several problems.. which one are you refering to?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-19-2012 , 22:01   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #8

The solution to the problem stated in the first post

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
DPT
Old 08-19-2012 , 22:14   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #9

Well, as everyone said, a practical solution for my first problem wasn't possible. So I decided to control the noclip mode with a timer; like set a timer on noclip to last for only x amount of seconds and then everything goes back to the MOVETYPE_WALK mode. This way, I'll make sure no players would hide underground somewhere in the map until the end of the round making it a very long boring round.
pokemonmaster
princess milk
Old 08-20-2012 , 14:03   Re: NoClip without flying
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPT View Post
pokemonmaster solution to which problem exactly? I've been through several problems.. which one are you refering to?
Sorry I meant this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPT
Now the question is.. When fly mode is on, the aim really gets hard.. It becomes very hard to shoot a target while flying.. anything to make aiming easier only in flying mode?