Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Looking for Web Host

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

chris
Old 12-18-2007 , 20:51   Looking for Web Host

I am looking for a webhost that is good. I need a website fast enough for fast downloads and at a cheap price. The website should have a lot of space so I can use it as a clan site, domain should be included free. If you guys can name a few company please reply!
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2007 , 22:25   Re: Looking for Web Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I am looking for a webhost that is good. I need a website fast enough for fast downloads and at a cheap price. The website should have a lot of space so I can use it as a clan site, domain should be included free. If you guys can name a few company please reply!
Lunarpages.com with coupon 28poffWebHostingUnleashed

That is the same deal I got and it works miracles for Fast D/L; just ask the 30+ members here that I give Fast D/L space to for free :-).

Also maybe Globat.com but I like Lunarpages because they use CPanel allowing me to let any server connect to the SQL database, not just there's...

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
chris
Old 12-18-2007 , 22:41   Re: Looking for Web Host

Thanks man! How long is that coupon valid to?
Old 12-18-2007 , 23:24   Re: Looking for Web Host

yea if you want straight up hosting with a couple hundred gigs of space, which is absurd and ridiculous then go with lunar pages, siteground, site5 and all that good stuff. bunch of cold hearted oversellers.

I have come back from my slumber.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2007 , 15:15   Re: Looking for Web Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
yea if you want straight up hosting with a couple hundred gigs of space, which is absurd and ridiculous then go with lunar pages, siteground, site5 and all that good stuff. bunch of cold hearted oversellers.
True and False at the same time. I have had few problems with my web services by Lunarpages but the ones I have had have/were/are quite annoying and frustrating (when the SQL server is overworked), my game server starts acting funny :-). Now I think with the newest version of WC3FT, that issue has been minimized/eliminated from the looks of it.

Lunarpages customer support is quite good in comparison to the "terrorist company" called 1&1 (aka CRAP & MORE CRAP) - still thinking whether or not I want to file litigation against them...

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
chris
Old 12-19-2007 , 19:39   Re: Looking for Web Host

How long is that $28 coupon valid for slmclarengt?
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2007 , 12:53   Re: Looking for Web Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
How long is that $28 coupon valid for slmclarengt?
It's actually a 28% off coupon so if you spend say $200, you save $56 bringing total down to $144. It has no expiration date that I know of; I used it months ago :-).

Slmclarengt

Stixsmaster
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2007 , 13:36   Re: Looking for Web Host

Ok I have said this before...welcome to all flamers...

I am providing 15$ a year hosting and you will get atleast 1gig of webspace and lots of bandwidth and you will also get a php, mysql, and more if you want it...and I am willing to help make your site too if you want for free...

---Stixsmaster
Old 12-20-2007 , 19:39   Re: Looking for Web Host

1 Gig is useless in my eyes.
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2007 , 23:02   Re: Looking for Web Host

I can give more...it all depends on truly what you want the hosting for...but either way my hosting probly is the cheapest you will find because you will also be getting a domain and the php, mysql, and more...which not all cheap hosts provide...

---Stixsmaster