Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!

Post New Thread Reply   

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2020 , 16:45   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlap View Post
I will add 1.9 since it's in final stage testing, and also 1.8.1/1.8.2 and 1.8.3 will still be available for users.
1.8.3 is an older 1.9 build.
1.10 is widely used as well.
Old 01-29-2020 , 19:46   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #12

Hi Barlap, How can I check which includes have been uploaded? Also take a look to use the latest version of AMXX, I think is 1.10. According to the website, it's compatible with the older versions (1.8.x), so there shouldn't be any problem.

Last edited by rtxa; 01-29-2020 at 19:49.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-30-2020 , 04:42   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
I will add 1.9 since it's in final stage testing, and also 1.8.1/1.8.2 and 1.8.3 will still be available for users.
1.9 IS 1.8.3
Why would you add both?
Old 01-30-2020 , 12:13   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtxa View Post
Hi Barlap, How can I check which includes have been uploaded? Also take a look to use the latest version of AMXX, I think is 1.10. According to the website, it's compatible with the older versions (1.8.x), so there shouldn't be any problem.
Hey rxta, if you think this is an important feature, then i will add a list of all includes (there are a lot of them) but for the moment you have a submit button to send me links with includes you need and i will add them ASAP
Also @HamletEagle i don't think it will be a problem if i keep the older versions of amxx on. Anybody use what version he wants. I will make the changes saturday because monday until friday i'm coming very tired from work. Thank you for contructive comments

Last edited by Barlap; 01-30-2020 at 12:15.
Send a message via ICQ to Barlap Send a message via Skype™ to Barlap
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2020 , 13:40   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #15

You can just tell us the path to the includes and make them accessible for everybody if they aren't already.

1.8.3 is not an older vesrion. It's an older build of 1.9.
This is the same as having 1.8.2 and 1.8.2 pre-release. It makes no sense.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 01-30-2020 at 13:40.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
rtxa
Old 01-30-2020 , 21:58   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Hey rxta, if you think this is an important feature, then i will add a list of all includes (there are a lot of them) but for the moment you have a submit button to send me links with includes you need and i will add them ASAP
Also @HamletEagle i don't think it will be a problem if i keep the older versions of amxx on. Anybody use what version he wants. I will make the changes saturday because monday until friday i'm coming very tired from work. Thank you for contructive comments
Your welcome, it's seems that the forum has some rude beheaviour here, not soo friendly or just posting for the sake of posting, so just ignore it

About that, it's an important feature because maybe my plugin has some includes than you don't have, so if you make some sort of list to check that easily that would be cool.

It's true that version 1.8.3 is actually version 1.9, it's was renamed, so that means 1.8.3 is an older build, just use the latest build of 1.9.
Old 01-31-2020 , 00:17   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #17

And how are you going to handle when two different people need two different versions of the same include file?
Old 01-31-2020 , 00:35   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #18

@fysiks, Why whould it be different versions of same include? If its a differnt version of the same include modified by submitter i will rename the include and he just simply change include name in his source code. For example (colorchat.inc is very is a very used inc, if somebody has a modified version it will be renamed by submitter when he sends link to his includes via "submit include" on the website)
Each user will be informed via email when his include was added.

Also @rtxa i will do some tests and i will replace current 1.8.3 with 1.9 and for each version will be added a list of includes, btw until then you can simply figure it out if specified include is not present in the compilator just by trying to compile it, if the specified inc it's not available it will fail with specific error regarding your inc

Last edited by Barlap; 01-31-2020 at 00:41.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2020 , 12:19   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #19

People really get offended when they receive critiques and opinions on their ideas they do not agree with.
All of this political bollocks could've been reduced to a simple thought.

Online compilers are the exact same thing as an offline compiler, except that they offer only one and only thing:
  • You are uploading your source file to a server which can, without your knowledge, get saved and stolen by the server's host.

I've been using online compilers for a longer time before when I wasn't thinking this way at all. I was even too lazy to figure out or just read online for a simple hint or tutorial on how to use the local compiler. It's better because of many reasons:
  • It does not matter what version you should use. Anything you can download from AMX Mod X's official website can be of use on your own computer, however you intend it to be used.
  • INC Libraries (Include files). Many web compilers lack an option to upload your own .inc file, which is needed for your plugins to compile. Again, everything can be done locally without much effort.
  • Many IDEs can be set up to use your local compiler and compile your plugin right away as you're writing it by just clicking the universal "Run" button. You can set the output directory to your plugins folder, even.

This doesn't have much to do with the second topic going on in this thread about AMXX versions, but you could basically use any version you want on your own computer. It's your computer.

In conclusion, Web Compilers should be avoided and serve absolutely no point other than risking getting your plugin source stolen as much as any personal data on suspicious sites. Other than risk, It is far more than pointless and costs you extra work you can instead do with a push of a button.

Last edited by redivcram; 01-31-2020 at 12:19.
Barlap
Old 01-31-2020 , 16:04   Re: AMXX WebCompiler 2020 release!
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redivcram View Post
People really get offended when they receive critiques and opinions on their ideas they do not agree with.
All of this political bollocks could've been reduced to a simple thought.

Online compilers are the exact same thing as an offline compiler, except that they offer only one and only thing:
  • You are uploading your source file to a server which can, without your knowledge, get saved and stolen by the server's host.

I've been using online compilers for a longer time before when I wasn't thinking this way at all. I was even too lazy to figure out or just read online for a simple hint or tutorial on how to use the local compiler. It's better because of many reasons:
  • It does not matter what version you should use. Anything you can download from AMX Mod X's official website can be of use on your own computer, however you intend it to be used.
  • INC Libraries (Include files). Many web compilers lack an option to upload your own .inc file, which is needed for your plugins to compile. Again, everything can be done locally without much effort.
  • Many IDEs can be set up to use your local compiler and compile your plugin right away as you're writing it by just clicking the universal "Run" button. You can set the output directory to your plugins folder, even.

This doesn't have much to do with the second topic going on in this thread about AMXX versions, but you could basically use any version you want on your own computer. It's your computer.

In conclusion, Web Compilers should be avoided and serve absolutely no point other than risking getting your plugin source stolen as much as any personal data on suspicious sites. Other than risk, It is far more than pointless and costs you extra work you can instead do with a push of a button.
Bro if you want to compile top secret plugins and you're afraid of being stolen from you... just use local compiler. I do this for people who want to compile their plugins easy.
UPDATE: Added AMX Mod X 1.9 and AMX Mod X 1.10-dev

I will add soon list of public includes.

Last edited by Barlap; 01-31-2020 at 16:07.