Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO]Admins can't permaban

Post New Thread Reply   

mlov420
Old 08-17-2017 , 09:07   [CSGO]Admins can't permaban
Reply With Quote #1

Good morning,

After one of the recent CS:GO updates, it seem that admins can't permanently ban on any of our servers without having the root flag. I've had this happen before but I can't remember what, if anything, I did to fix it.

In an attempt to get to the root of the issue, I had stripped one of the servers of all plugins except base metamod/sourcemod and even then, admins still can't permanently ban. So it doesn't appear to be a plugin conflict. They have the ban option, and a list of ban times ranging as high up as we have available with the exception of permanent. Also have tried permanently banning through the console, users without root get denied.

I am running the most recent versions of metamod and sourcemod. There are no regular nor error logs in regards to this. Root flag users have the permanent option, non-root have every ban option except permanent. Any ideas about what the problem is?
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 08-17-2017 , 09:40   Re: [CSGO]Admins can't permaban
Reply With Quote #2

The stock SM basebans plugin doesn't restrict ban durations. If you have the ban flag, then you can ban someone for any duration manually with sm_ban and the admin menu always shows these durations.

If you're sure you still have this problem running the stock, unmodified plugins, then you probably have something custom set up in your admin menu. (For example, don't give anyone the ban flag, then give certain other flags/groups/whatever access to a custom-made ban menu.)
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2017 , 10:02   Re: [CSGO]Admins can't permaban
Reply With Quote #3

are you using sourcebans admins? if yes, so give your non root admins the unban (e) flag!

i had the same issue some months ago. sourcebans admins without the unban (e) flag cant do permanently bans!

edit: tested this 5 minutes ago. added myself as non root admin without the e flag in sourcebans and my ban options are: 10 minutes, 30, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day etc.

than i have added the e flag and my ban options are: permanent, 10 minutes, 30, 1 hour, ....

this is probably a bug by sourcebans and is still not fixed yet, lmao.

Last edited by asdfxD; 08-17-2017 at 10:10.
mlov420
Old 08-17-2017 , 10:40   Re: [CSGO]Admins can't permaban
Reply With Quote #4

Giving the E flag appears to resolve the issue both with and without Sourcebans. Thank you guys for your quick responses <3