Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

server ip's

Post New Thread Reply   

tacoman
Old 08-03-2006 , 06:01   server ip's
Reply With Quote #1

how exactley could i make a plugin get the servers ip im working on a tracking system to see who uses my plugins and who doesnt i wana get the ip and upload it to a sql server i can do all the sql stuff my self just getting the server ip has been a pain in the a$$
tacoman
Old 08-04-2006 , 00:49   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #2

ok another plugin im doing that requires this ignore the first one this is more important

ok irun my servers from my house as i dont have alot of money so i cant go rent 1....my ip is dynamic so wen it changes hell breaks loose cause ppl gotta go and refind the server and alot of them dont come back cause they dont think its up(this is manily for thoes who put me on favorites) none the less they come to the fourm going hay servers gone ... so what i want do is have the server get the ip and upload it to my website and my website willl have a little server status thing showing the ip how many ppl if its up so on .... i got a guy who can code for php helping me on the website i got the plugin to do my self if u guys know a way to get the servers ip with amx let me know i wana get this done soon school starts in like 2 days

Last edited by tacoman; 08-04-2006 at 06:18.
Des12
Old 08-05-2006 , 13:55   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #3

Can't you just change your options to assign yourself a static ip? There are tutorials out there on how to do it.

www.JustRP.com
A TSRP Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Don't you go be bringing reality into this.
tacoman
Old 08-05-2006 , 16:56   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #4

static ip's are assigned by ur isp i cannot just go do that and for all the other ppl who cant do that im gunna realses this plugin so they can do that to so far im prity much done all i need is this
tacoman
Old 08-06-2006 , 01:34   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #5

ok i dont think im being specific enough by ip i meant the global ip the internet ip the ip that everyone out side of my network will see not my lan ip lan ips are a pice of cake to work with and i wouldnt be posting my lan ip on a website it will be pointless except to those inside my network is there a way i can get that my idea is if theres no like cmd or function i get the plugin to go to a random user on the server (or the server its self i dont know if the serevr will display its lan ip so ) make them exec status in there console and some how cut out everything except the servers ip part. make it into a string and go from there. anybody thinks they know how to do this or know the cmd/func pls help me out
colby
Old 08-06-2006 , 01:51   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #6

Why not just use ServerSpy?
Send a message via AIM to colby
tacoman
Old 08-06-2006 , 02:53   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #7

.... if i dont have a static ip i will still have a big problem .. ok i think i gotta explain this to u guys.... myinternet ip is dynamic now what that means is it changes it changes at least once a week now if my ip changes and if i were to get that stats system and my ip changed i will have the same problem i am having now it will end up saying the server is not up and the ip is not responding .. y i will have that is because like i stated earlier my ip has changed and there still watching the old ip that means that i have to go and setnd the new ip to not only the website but to this stats system as well i dont wana have to deal with that because thats wat i have been doing for a while now... now if i had a static ip ur idea would work and this post would be useless because with a static ip for thoes of u who dont know the ip will never change and i will never have to worry about anything. now some of u have said make it a sstatic ip .. icant that is controlled by my isp i cannot do anything about it if i want a static ip they say i will have to pay them 100 bucks extra a month thats ontop of wat im paying now for my current connection i rather rent a server but i dont have the money for any of them so i cant do anything except complete this plugin.
Gizmo
Old 08-06-2006 , 03:57   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #8

You dont need a plugin to solve this problem, register an account at www.dyndns.org, then register a hostname like tacomans-server.kicks-ass.org
and if you have a router you can setup that to refresh your ip at dyndns.org as soon as i changes else you can istall a program that does the same for you, there is plenty of them at the dyndns.org site, this is a free and easy way to get a static adress to your server.
Old 08-06-2006 , 04:58   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #9

ok but i want my website to display my stat information anyway i guess i can tell it to get theip of that domain but i still wana do it all within the amx system seeing that ive done prity much all the work plus it will be cool if i can get the server to interact with the website i wana see wat i can come up with and i wana realese em i cant realese em ifits personalized for mys erver.... anyway if i do this i will make the first plugin i said iwas gunna do and a few others

Last edited by tacoman; 08-06-2006 at 05:01.
Gizmo
Old 08-06-2006 , 05:25   Re: server ip's
Reply With Quote #10

Why do you need a plugin for the server status thing?
Look at psychostats, it uses something called PsychoQuery for getting info from the server, itīs all php and works great for a live status display on the server.