Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ZombieMod for CS:S (Beta Testers Required)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2006 , 10:22  

First off lex, let me say a big thanks from myself and all the lads over at CSSMC. We really appreciate and honour the time you've put in for the testing, its fantastic and without a windows report we couldnt have gone forward with release preperations.

I updated my post above with the new fix details, and emailed you on a copy of the new beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex_talionis
No crash for 9 hours now, except when bots are added and "zombies" typed in console (so bots don't like the mod yet) and when zombie_teams is set to 1, see below.
Odd, I test with 40 bots :\
Ill look into that, I've tested on windows and linux with bots. They don't understand the game anyway, so their not a good idea.
They usually end up standing either shooting each other or stabbing each other indefinately.
As for zombie_teams, its still very experimental. I'll post a fix when its available. It is not a real priority at the moment so bear with me.

Quote:
A lot of times Zombies somehow carry or pickup weapons (maybe they don't pick them up, the player is just able to switch to their primary weapon).
I think I may have inadvertantly fixed this in the 0.9.6b update, while finding out why zombies could switch to grenades. Both are now fixed.

Quote:
Also, in some instances only CT's spawn as Zombie and can only Zombify CTs and only kill T's and sometimes CT Zombies can Zombify T's. Then another prominent situation is after say 4 or 5 rounds, all hell breaks loose in a FFA riot and everybody kills everybody including Zombies with guns. In this scenario, ragdolls pile up everywhere (see pic below).
This is very discerning. In all the testing on the linux server nothing like this has ever happened.
I stress, for FFA to work correct, mp_friendlyfire must be 0. But you knew that already. Let me know if this happens again.

Quote:
Other, subtle things. It seems that Zombie speed is not always consistent and it seems that the Zombie slows down a lot when his knife is pulled out, but sometimes it's okay.
Ill look into this.

Quote:
I thought, when I joined the first test server in the first post a few days ago, that the round started with all CT's and no T's and that one CT spawned as Zombie, but I'm probably mistaken here.
No, I knew it was buggy and so the test server has it disabled.

Quote:
Can there be a way to set the amount of time after round-start the the first model is turned into a Zombie?
You read me mind, coming next update ;)
Old 03-21-2006 , 12:36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3
Quote:
I thought, when I joined the first test server in the first post a few days ago, that the round started with all CT's and no T's and that one CT spawned as Zombie, but I'm probably mistaken here.

Quote:
Can there be a way to set the amount of time after round-start the the first model is turned into a Zombie?
You read me mind, coming next update ;)
Sounds good. I'll update to latest version tonight.

As for the bots, I too am not that concerned since they don't behave right anyways.

So with regards to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldfyr3
So how should it be currently? Should there only be CT's that spawn and one turns into a Zombie or both CT and T spawn?

Again, the only really bizzar bug was when it reverted to a FFA across CT's, T's, and Zombies, all killing eachother with primary weapon and respawning and piling up rag dolls.

Last thing...for the couple of crashes caused by zombie_teams and when I used bots...why are my .mdmp files still 0k? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lex
Old 03-21-2006 , 17:07  

Greetings all,

Just wanted to reply to those who were looking for screenies. I'm a member of [CSSMC] (The clan that has been working with c0ldfyr3 to get this puppy released) and an incessant bugger of c0ld when it comes to nailing down bugs :p. I threw together this short little promo-movie for those who are curious as to what Zombiemod is-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xa1FQMfOnOg

Just a short little guy giving some insight on the great work that c0ld has done to date. Enjoy!

-[CSSMC]KizzBizz
Falco
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-21-2006 , 19:05  

Quote:
24.64.113.26:27016 [DmZ]EPSILON ZoMBieMoD SeRvER CSS|FF|CGY

Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0: "CountryFilter-1.0.3 by Guwashi, http://d3.jpn.org/"
1: "Mattie's EventScripts, http://mattie.info/cs, Version:0.9.1"
2: "StatsXS v0.5.1c, CounterStrike Source Stats. Copyright 2005 XAD."
---------------------

-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] Mani Admin Plug 1.2Beta Mani RUN
[02] FPS Boost 1.0 sslice RUN
[03] Statsmeminimum 1.3.0.4 Roger Devil RUN
[04] ZombieMod 0.9.5b c0ldfyr3 RUN
Running on a WinXP dedicated server with 4 bots. No crashes to report over a 24hr period. A few things though.
  • 1) the zombie skate when they move.
    2) The dark map is way to dark, could be atleast half that.
    3) I understand the green screen but hell, after a while its like looking into the sun. Maybe use a more subtle color thats easier on the eyes.
[DmZ|EPSILON CSS 70.75.139.92:27016
[DmZ|EPSILON GG 70.75.167.30:27015
[DmZ|EPSILON CS:GO Classic Casual 70.75.139.92:27013
[DmZ|EPSILON CS:GO Demolition 70.75.139.92:27014
[DmZ|EPSILON BF3 69.46.43.221:25203 (8-slot) Practice Server
www.dmzepsilon.ca
----------------------
lex_talionis
Old 03-22-2006 , 09:02  

Update:

Windows with no other mods (except what's listed below) and FF is off.

meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] ZombieMod 0.9.6b c0ldfyr3 RUN
[02] Mani Admin Plug 1.2Beta Mani RUN

Alright, I put 9.6b on last night and assumed that the materials and models files didn't change so didn't copy them over.

Honestly not much has changed from previous version and accounts. I must ask the testers about the zombie cvars. Where do you put them in a config file? I currently have a zombie.cfg file in my /cfg folder and have exec zombie.cfg in my server.cfg, is this correct?

Current cvar settings:

Code:
zombie_model_file "cfg/zombiemod/models.cfg" // File with list of models to use for zombie mod
zombie_download_file "cfg/zombiemod/downloads.cfg" // File with list of materials etc to download.
zombie_sound_rand 90    // How often zombies play zombie sounds.  default 50
zombie_health  2700    // Health that zombies get. default 2500
zombie_maxspeed  600.0    // The speed that zombies travel at. default 190.0
zombie_fov  125    // Field of vision of the zombies. Normal human FOV is 90.
zombie_knockback 1    // The knockback multiplier of zombies. Set to 0 to disable knockback.
zombie_restrictions "rifles m249"   // Space separated list of guns that are restricted during zombie mode. rifles m249
zombie_dark  0    // Makes maps very dark if enabled. If disabled, the map doesn't have to be reloaded to start zombiemode
zombie_bonus  1    // Add frags for zombifying other players.
zombie_teams  0    // Sets teams Humans = CT; Zombies = T (Experimental !)
zombie_respawn  1    // If enabled, when humans are killed, they respawn after a set amount of time.
zombie_respawn_delay 1    // Time before players are respawned in autorespawn mode
zombie_max_ammo  1    // If enabled, ammo is unlimited.
zombie_talk  0    // If enabled, zombies can only voice with zombies and humans with humans.
zombie_suicide  1    // When 1, disables players from suiciding.
zombie_suicide_text "Dont be an asshole."  // Text for suiciding assholes.
Notice, speed is set at 600. I don't believe they are any faster. Can a tester post their cvar settings?

Okay, now for the anomalies:

Pretty much the same as my post above.

If a Zombie T knifes a regular CT it kills him rather than turning him into a Zombie and vice/versa.

Here's some forum and console chat from test players:

Code:
19:29:04 (Console) Console                        : is zombie still working?
19:29:15 (     CT) empty                          : yea
19:29:16 (      T) Cyjoki                         : he has a shotty
19:29:16 (      T) Den                            : we can kill each other again
19:29:22 (     CT) |SlAiN|ThEIrOnYIs_ToMuCh       : ahhaha
19:29:25 (      T) Den                            : and zombies keep pickin stuff up
Cyjoki                         : Lex, if you smash the weapon selection key as a zombie, it will let you have the weapon, but not show it
19:29:41 (      T) Cyjoki                         : in your hands
19:29:50 (      T) Cyjoki                         : I was inf. autoshotting everyone as a Zombie
19:29:50 (      T) Den                            : its because its in fov 120
19:30:06 (      T) Den                            : you cant see weapons in any other fov besides 90
Code:
Cyjoki said:  I played for awhile. 

There seems to be some coding issues with the new-map original zombie spawning. You were there when we couldn't get one to spawn. I think something needs to disable ZombieMode and then Re-Enable it at the beginning of every round. 

Also, the crouched original zombie seems to keep its gun, which is really annoying. 

Edit - There is a serious bug that allows zombies to use guns. If you press the weapon select key *ex. 1, 2, 3, 4.* you will have the gun out and be able to shoot it, but you just cant see it since your FOV is on 120 in zombie mode.
Additionally, there are times when I disable zombie mode and there are no zombies and all CT's and T's are immortal and thus they have to use kill in console. I may have this logic backwards, i.e. if zombie is off and I turn it on, and no zombies spawn etc.

Some questions...
1. When Zombiemod is enabled, does it stay enabled round-after-round and even at map change? I want to keep Zombie enabled 24/7 for testing.
2. Is there a way to enable Zombiemod at server start-up? I had one crashed logged at 3:24am this morning and my custom server monitor restarted the server and it came up in non-Zombiemod mode.

That's it for now.
Thanks,
Lex
Old 03-22-2006 , 10:58  

Ok, haven't seen this one till today. Ive got terrorist spawning In Ct spawn with the ct's at random, meaning once every 3 rounds or more.

This Is the Linux Version not window's other then that, perfect as always.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2006 , 11:50  

I don't think that's a problem. T and CT don't mean anything in this mod.
Spinner
Old 03-22-2006 , 12:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
I don't think that's a problem. T and CT don't mean anything in this mod.
Lol you are so correct, But I thought any bug reporting could help c0ld.
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-22-2006 , 12:05  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
Ok, haven't seen this one till today. Ive got terrorist spawning In Ct spawn with the ct's at random, meaning once every 3 rounds or more.

This Is the Linux Version not window's other then that, perfect as always.
That could be because your using alot of maps which aren't 32 player maps. Alot of CS:S maps don't use that many players, so it leads me to beleive, unless you have zombie_teams enabled, that this has to be the only answer.
I don't use teams for anything else o.O
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-22-2006 , 12:20  

Quote:
Notice, speed is set at 600. I don't believe they are any faster. Can a tester post their cvar settings?
On close inspection, the cvar is zombie_speed and not zombie_maxspeed. Sorry about the misinformation.

Quote:
If a Zombie T knifes a regular CT it kills him rather than turning him into a Zombie and vice/versa.
I found this problem and corrected it.

Quote:
Additionally, there are times when I disable zombie mode and there are no zombies and all CT's and T's are immortal and thus they have to use kill in console. I may have this logic backwards, i.e. if zombie is off and I turn it on, and no zombies spawn etc.
The imortality when a Zombie Mode is off has been fixed.
The thing about zombies not spawning, im looking into that, i've noticed it before but ill check whats going on.

Quote:
1. When Zombiemod is enabled, does it stay enabled round-after-round and even at map change? I want to keep Zombie enabled 24/7 for testing.
2. Is there a way to enable Zombiemod at server start-up? I had one crashed logged at 3:24am this morning and my custom server monitor restarted the server and it came up in non-Zombiemod mode.
1. Yes, but the bug about no one becoming a zombie is getting tiring, ill look into it and see whats going on. It doesn't seem to happen too often so im going to have to make it happen somehow.

2. No, when this happens, there is a bug with the map lighting. It needs to be enabled during or after the first map.

I've attempted to fix the FFA and weapon pickup problems.
I've email the new version, let me know.