Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ZombieMod for CS:S (Beta Testers Required)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2006 , 12:48  

I forgot to say, no, if you move the models from where they are, they wont work. They need to be in the models/player/zombiemod folder.
Old 03-20-2006 , 13:18  

I do think the zombies are a bit 2 strong, because when there are a few zombie's it's a certain loss for the humans.
zombie's move to fast i think it's allready to damm hard 2 kill one. (i know it's about teamplay )

p.s i would love to test it out on our server, but liek i said i have to ask our host to edit the startup line.

We do however do not plan to run this mod all the time just sometimes and perhaps on certain days on certain times. (depens how people like it etc ) so i don't kniow if that is a problem other wise i'll just wait patient for the public beta
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2006 , 16:19  

I think Zombies run the same speed as players do when they have a knife/pistol/smg. It just seems faster because of the weird view they have.
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2006 , 18:45  

No, I did manage to hook the speed.
But it is a cvar changeable by the server admins.
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2006 , 20:15  

Nice!
showdax
Old 03-20-2006 , 21:24  

Though you probably already know this, zombie_dark doesn't work on HDR maps, as far as I can tell.
Send a message via MSN to showdax
showdax
Old 03-20-2006 , 21:29  

It crashed when I tried to unload it:
Code:
#0  0xb7ea2ac9 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7ea2ac9 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0xb7d601aa in operator delete[] () from bin/vstdlib_i486.so
#2  0xb2177281 in ~String (this=0xb219e8d8) at sh_string.h:37
#3  0xb21791a6 in ~PlayerInfo (this=0xb219e8d4) at ZombiePlugin.cpp:17
#4  0xb2179231 in ~ZombiePlugin (this=0xb219e540) at ZombiePlugin.cpp:17
#5  0xb216fbb0 in __static_initialization_and_destruction_0 (__initialize_p=0, __priority=65535) at ZombiePlugin.cpp:17
#6  0xb216fbec in global destructors keyed to g_ZombiePlugin () at ZombiePlugin.cpp:2569
Also, I think settings like zombie_suicide should only go into effect during a zombie game.
Send a message via MSN to showdax
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2006 , 23:08  

Ill fix zombie_suicide, i forgot to add the check.

As for the second error, the only time that kind of one fired for me is when I changed my MSVC debugging to extremely sensitive, when i changed back it never fired again.
But, due to some of the things ZombieMod hacks at to achieve FFA and the likes, unloading isn't a good idea anyway, yet =(
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2006 , 04:25  

[ChangeLog 0.9.6b]
- Fixed Zombies being able to switch to grenades.
- Fixed zombie_suicide being enabled when zombie mode is off.
- Fixed FOV sometimes not getting set on Zombification.
- Fixed FOV sometimes not reseting to normal on death and round reset.
- Fixed server crash when plugin is unloaded (Still not a really good idea).
- Fixed rotation on the stock Fast, Poison and Classic models.
- Fixed 'Free For All' always being enabled. (TK not reporting)

'Free For All' is when you hurt a team mate, it doesnt report it, and it does 100% damage.
Thanks to BAILOPAN for the help.
Old 03-21-2006 , 09:12  

Well, here's a quick and dirty of our test on Win 2K Pro SP-4. We are only running Mani 1.2BetaK mm:s version and of course ZombieMod:

**Test Server** 70.112.145.164:27015

meta list
-Id- Name Version Author Status
[01] ZombieMod 0.9.5b c0ldfyr3 RUN
[02] Mani Admin Plug 1.2Beta Mani RUN

Command Line:
Code:
srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +maxplayers 8 +map boneyard +fps_max 600 -allowdebug -debug -insecure
Current ZombieMod cvars which I set in zombie.cfg in default cfg folder and place exec zombie.cfg in server.cfg

Code:
zombie_model_file "cfg/zombiemod/models.cfg" // File with list of models to use for zombie mod
zombie_download_file "cfg/zombiemod/downloads.cfg" // File with list of materials etc to download.
zombie_sound_rand 60    // How often zombies play zombie sounds.  default 50
zombie_health  2200    // Health that zombies get. default 2500
zombie_maxspeed  470.0    // The speed that zombies travel at. default 190.0
zombie_fov  125    // Field of vision of the zombies. Normal human FOV is 90.
zombie_knockback 2    // The knockback multiplier of zombies. Set to 0 to disable knockback.
zombie_restrictions "rifles m249"   // Space separated list of guns that are restricted during zombie mode. rifles m249
zombie_dark  0    // Makes maps very dark if enabled. If disabled, the map doesn't have to be reloaded to start zombiemode
zombie_bonus  1    // Add frags for zombifying other players.
zombie_teams  0    // Sets teams Humans = CT; Zombies = T (Experimental !)
zombie_respawn  1    // If enabled, when humans are killed, they respawn after a set amount of time.
zombie_respawn_delay 1    // Time before players are respawned in autorespawn mode
zombie_max_ammo  1    // If enabled, ammo is unlimited.
zombie_talk  1    // If enabled, zombies can only voice with zombies and humans with humans.
zombie_suicide  1    // When 1, disables players from suiciding.
zombie_suicide_text "Dont be an asshole."  // Text for suiciding assholes.
No crash for 9 hours now, except when bots are added and "zombies" typed in console (so bots don't like the mod yet) and when zombie_teams is set to 1, see below.

All cvars seem to work when tweaked wte of "zombie_teams" when set to 1 crash occurs as soon as first client connects. Unfortunately, I'm still logging 0kb .mdmp files even with the command line switches, so as a beta tester I need to rectify this.

I too was up very late last night...but at least I was laughing my butt off playing and tweaking cvars...I've never laughed so hard ;-)

So, in general the principal game-play isn't always consistent. A lot of times Zombies somehow carry or pickup weapons (maybe they don't pick them up, the player is just able to switch to their primary weapon). Also, in some instances only CT's spawn as Zombie and can only Zombify CTs and only kill T's and sometimes CT Zombies can Zombify T's. Then another prominent situation is after say 4 or 5 rounds, all hell breaks loose in a FFA riot and everybody kills everybody including Zombies with guns. In this scenario, ragdolls pile up everywhere (see pic below).

Other, subtle things. It seems that Zombie speed is not always consistent and it seems that the Zombie slows down a lot when his knife is pulled out, but sometimes it's okay.

I thought, when I joined the first test server in the first post a few days ago, that the round started with all CT's and no T's and that one CT spawned as Zombie, but I'm probably mistaken here.

Can there be a way to set the amount of time after round-start the the first model is turned into a Zombie?

I'll add more comments that I forgot to mention to this thread or new thread later.

Thanks,
Lex