Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Pacmaney
Old 02-21-2010 , 13:39   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #101

Using 1.3.1, that was the first time I've had that issue.
Old 02-21-2010 , 14:38   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #102

I'll see if I can re-produce it, I have a feeling its an engine issue and not a TF2 issue as I have heard reports on public servers without MatchMod also.
Hawkeye-
Old 02-24-2010 , 00:54   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #103

So far I haven't been able to reproduce this, I'll keep trying on my end, have you seen this occur again?
Pacmaney
Old 02-27-2010 , 21:00   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #104

Nope
Old 02-27-2010 , 23:51   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #105

Just a quick recommendation...in the custom menu you have posted you have the line "admin" "sm_kick". This makes it so even if you change the adminflag cvar you have in your plugin anyone with kick priviliges can still see this menu item. I changed it to "admin" "sm_matchmod_begin" so that anyone that has the adminflag specified can still see the menu item and only they can see it.
willy1234x1
Old 02-28-2010 , 00:35   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Just a quick recommendation...in the custom menu you have posted you have the line "admin" "sm_kick". This makes it so even if you change the adminflag cvar you have in your plugin anyone with kick priviliges can still see this menu item. I changed it to "admin" "sm_matchmod_begin" so that anyone that has the adminflag specified can still see the menu item and only they can see it.
That's kind of the point of a custom admin menu, you can customize it to what you wanted. Personally I left it as is because on a match server anyone running those commands is more than competent enough to do so.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2010 , 00:40   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #107

Yes well we use a custom admin flag for anyone we want to have access to MatchMod. Since we use the server for more than just matches we wanted to restrict access to the commands. I wasn't trying to say everyone should do this but I figured if you are going to use the adminflag cvar to restrict access to MatchMod, then you would want to change the menu items.
Hawkeye-
Old 02-28-2010 , 14:49   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #108

I am considering putting some of the commands into the menu proper, since all the minimum will be is begin/end/mp_tournament_restart which would inherit the admin flag you defined anyways.. I just need to get motivated to figure out the API.

Also, in the short term, along with above, I was going to add a seperate log file for the matches that will basically store the final score and the teams involved. This would be an additional file to the actual server logging it already is doing.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-01-2010 , 19:21   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye- View Post
Yes, all Payload maps will default to Stopwatch, avanti_b1 since it does not use the common prefix (cp, pl, plr, etc) will default to the push config (like Badlands/Granary).

As a note PLR_ will default to Push scoring at the moment, I only played it once honestly so not sure how the scoring even works.
I wanted to confirm for you that avanti indeed did push config. However, this should be done as Stopwatch, like a Payload. How would that be handled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye- View Post
Also, in the short term, along with above, I was going to add a seperate log file for the matches that will basically store the final score and the teams involved. This would be an additional file to the actual server logging it already is doing.
Great addition for you to provide.

In addition to features, would you be willing to add the configs of the Competition sites for UGC and STA?? Seem like common ones to add or did you not do them for some other reason?

Last thing if you wouldn't mind providing some clarification...as I guess I'm not reading properly from your OP:

Quote:
  • Add the following lines to your server.cfg file, edited appropriately, to control MatchMod, or modify the matchmod_custom.cfg file if using the example set.
    • matchmod_league "cevo” (valid options are: cevo, etf2l, twl, pug)
Add what following lines to the server.cfg?

Quote:
Since this is designed for a competitive setting, the recommended plug-ins that should be enabled are:
  • adminhelp
  • adminmenu
  • admin_flatfile
  • basebans
  • basecommands
  • matchmod
This is the same plug-in currently used in the “sm_warmode_on.cfg” with the only addition being MatchMod. For this reason, it is recommended that all other plug-ins be moved to the disabled folder.
I did this, added matchmod and actually some other plugins I desired to keep active. I did not move other non-loaded plugins to disabled folder.

Question from the warmode cfg file, upon execution, I could not bring up SM admin menu. I had to comment out lock_all. What was I doing wrong? Or is that intended, to then only do commands via console?

Why do you state to move all other plugins to the disabled folder when they are unloaded or not called? Is that just a redundant action?

It's possible I have not messed with this enough and miss your meaning, so thanks for indulging. I really do think its valuable to have this type of flexibility in configs at the ready.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-01-2010 , 20:51   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
I wanted to confirm for you that avanti indeed did push config. However, this should be done as Stopwatch, like a Payload. How would that be handled?
This would require a code change since the map doesn't adhere to the prefixes used commonly across the maps. I am honestly not wanting to make the change to cater to individual maps, but will look into an external config to override the default for a few known maps.

Manually switch it to stopwatch is the method to handle this now.

Quote:
In addition to features, would you be willing to add the configs of the Competition sites for UGC and STA?? Seem like common ones to add or did you not do them for some other reason?
I can do this, just haven't really sat down to look at the configs and adapt them. I did talk to the admins a bit of CEVO and TWL to get some of the rules clarified fo the mod, also quite a few ETF2L players to make sure thing generally run smoothly. I'll see if I can track down the configs/admins of those leagues and see if I can integrate them in for a future release.

Quote:
Add what following lines to the server.cfg?
Only one lines needs to be added.
matchmod_league "cevo"

simply switch the cevo with one of the other options for your specific preference.

Quote:
I did this, added matchmod and actually some other plugins I desired to keep active. I did not move other non-loaded plugins to disabled folder.

Question from the warmode cfg file, upon execution, I could not bring up SM admin menu. I had to comment out lock_all. What was I doing wrong? Or is that intended, to then only do commands via console?

Why do you state to move all other plugins to the disabled folder when they are unloaded or not called? Is that just a redundant action?

It's possible I have not messed with this enough and miss your meaning, so thanks for indulging. I really do think its valuable to have this type of flexibility in configs at the ready.
Make sure your SteamID is setup properly in the admins_simple.ini file since the warmode basically disables all database backends when it fires up.

The move the plugins to disable basically makes sure nothing can be running and is a somewhat redundant step. If your server is setup to do something other then matches it may not make sense for you. Personally I have the warmode plugins, plus Sourcebans, and Kigen's AC. as the only active plugins on the server. It's a preference deal, but the docs were written to cater to the exclusive match crowd. Truthfully, some teams will not play on servers when sorucemod is active, this is designed around throwing them a bone, but honestly, if they don't trust you to give them a fair game, the plugins you have active really don't matter at all.