Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS2] bot_autodifficulty settings

Post New Thread Reply   

Austin
Old 11-16-2023 , 19:10   [CS2] bot_autodifficulty settings
Reply With Quote #1

I am trying to keep cs2 from auto changing the bot skills.

I tried everything possible with these two settings, and no matter what these setting are after I get 20 kills the bot skills go to insane skills levels every time.

bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high 20.0 // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty)
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low 20.0 // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty)

Last edited by Austin; 11-17-2023 at 02:02.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-17-2023 , 11:36   Re: [CS2] bot_autodifficulty settings
Reply With Quote #2

From what I understand you are setting the values incorrectly. It is a bit confusing since the meaning of the commands has changed overtime in CS:GO and in CS2.

If you don't want it to change drastically you would want:

bot_difficulty 1 // Defines the skill of bots joining the game. Values are: 0=easy, 1=normal, 2=hard, 3=expert.
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high 20 // Upper bound above Average Human Contribution Score that a bot must be above to change its difficulty
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low -20 // Lower bound below Average Human Contribution Score that a bot must be below to change its difficulty

If for offline, add:
custom_bot_difficulty 1 // Bot difficulty for offline play. Values are: 0=easy, 1=normal, 2=hard, 3=expert.

I don't know of an option to disable changing of difficulty permanently, but perhaps someone else knows.
Austin
Old 11-19-2023 , 15:11   Re: [CS2] bot_autodifficulty settings
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the reply,
but I tried that setting and just about every setting combination you could try.

For my tests I was the only human on the server.

No matter what these settings are
Once I reach 20 the bot skills jump to insane levels.

I can't say If CSGO worked this way since I modified the botprofile.db file for my CSGO server and reduced all of the insane bot skill profiles down to more reasonable levels,

=> But I can't figure out how to edit/replace the botprofile.db for CS2.

If I could edit botprofile.db I could kludge "fix" this problem.
Extracting it and placing botprofile.db in various directories doesn't work.
Making a vpk out of it and putting it in addons and other dirs doesn't work.

The data for CS2 botprofile.db seems to be in pak01_250.vpk
But! Hex editing this botprofile.db information directly in this pak01_250.vpk doesn't work either!
Explain THAT one to me...

It appears there is no way to turn off this auto adjusted difficulty in CS2
And 20 is the max amount a human can have before they go up. I tried higher amounts like 90 but it is definitely locked to 20 max.

Here is an attempt to understand these settings,
But regardless even if we could understand them based on this nebulous information we are given it will not help. The game is in essence hardcoded to do this since the upper limit is set at 20 (or lower) and there doesn't seem to be a setting or way to turn them off.

1) So what Exactly does "Average Human Contribution Score" mean?
Why isn't it stated as "Average of Human Scores" to be clearer?

Since I was the only one on the server "Average" doesn't matter for my previous tests but I would ASSUME it takes all human scores and averages them.

To see if this is the case I will run another client and connect and just let this client join but not move or do anything but be in the game so they would never get any kills and this would lower the average human score (mine+0 / 2).

Then I will see if the bot skills go insane after I reach 40 not 20.
This would at least VERIFY this is what is meant by "Average Human Contribution Score".

2) How should we understand the negative values?
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high 0.0 // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty)
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low -2.0 // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty)

If we think
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low 20
means that once the average human score is 20 or above for a particular bot's score then raise its difficulty.

Then what does -20 mean?
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low -20

It doesn't make any sense at all since based on our assumption for the meaning of
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low 20

It would have to mean in English
bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low -20
means that once the average human score is -20 (or less?) for a particular bot's score then RAISE! its difficulty?

In other words once a bot has 20 MORE kills then the humans average score RAISE its difficulty?

The dozens of site I found that are talking about this Never Explain Any of this and only re echo, echo, echo
The nebulous information we are given....

Last edited by Austin; 11-20-2023 at 01:52.