Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

FF2 [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults v1.3.2 (many new adds!)

Post New Thread Reply   

xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2015 , 20:48   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
That might work, but it's beyond my scope...since it's breaking sounds that originate from FF2. (and on my home server, every boss has multiple tracks...with much praise laid upon the soundtrack)

Guess it's not beyond your scope, since VSH is yours now. ;)
It's very simple, handle music differently, make a separate plugin for it that is either hardcoded, or reads from a file

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
sarysa
Old 02-26-2015 , 22:41   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #22

Probably ironic coming from someone who reinvented the wheel in this thread, but I guess I have to admit, I didn't feel like reinventing FF2's sound management so one boss could do a barrel roll.

(much like I still don't feel like reinventing sentry targeting for my underwater arena, much to the chagrin of Chdata)

to be fair, I've used DD in three hales I've coded so far...so I feel I got my time's worth on that one. I could probably revise 3 or 4 others to use it, for the sake of fine tuning hackjob workarounds I did in the past.

Last edited by sarysa; 02-26-2015 at 22:42.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2015 , 01:22   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.0.0 (a better mousetrap)
Reply With Quote #23

You just need some maths and common sense.
Demo charge is about the same
sarysa
Old 03-10-2015 , 10:05   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.0 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #24

Released v1.1.0, which adds dynamic_stunsg which is an improved version of sentry stun. Also added developer interfaces that allow developers to stun sentries in a radius either from a player or anywhere on the map. You could use this for things like EMP grenades if you wanted to.

The reason I ended up making this is because I have one hale that needs to stun sentries multiple seconds into their ability. Another that has variable sentry stun lengths and durations. Didn't want to keep writing sentry stun code (properly, i.e. fixing the zero ammo problem and avoiding bugs with the timer) over and over so this happened.
Old 03-24-2015 , 18:55   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.1 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #25

Minor update, but v1.1.1 adds interfaces for getting charge percent and cooldown of the active mobility option. (automatically determined) It's an uncommon use case, but I wanted to bring one of my bosses over to DD and this boss has so many damn HUDs, to reduce flicker it combines a couple of them but it couldn't get the necessary information to do so.

Last edited by sarysa; 03-24-2015 at 18:55.
sarysa
Old 05-19-2015 , 20:34   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.2 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #26

A minor update to v1.1.2:

v1.1.2
- Added two interfaces: DSSG_StunOneSentry and DSSG_UnstunOneSentry
- Teleport and Super Jump now used a synchronized HUD. (yep, Chdata has officially converted me with this one)
- Fixed an obscure bug where charged Cow Mangler shot (or a generated Energy Ball projectile manually set to be charged) hitting a sentry would mess with Dynamic StunSG. (Dynamic StunSG can still cause a cow mangler stun to end early, but now the reverse can't happen -- the sentry may still briefly twitch, however)

That first one is probably a bit overdue, but I finally got motivated to do it when I needed to stun sentries for an unknown duration. (a sentry stun that depends on the hale's immediate proximity, versus the "typical" proximity at the time of an E rage)

R.I.P. 57 downloads :p

Last edited by sarysa; 05-19-2015 at 20:36.
sarysa
Old 05-26-2015 , 14:27   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.3 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #27

I keep finding shortcomings, and I keep fixing them.

v1.1.3
- Added one interface: DT_SetAboveSide which allows toggling whether or not teleports can go above or to the side of the target.
- Added Chdata's IN_SCORE fix for the HUD to minimize flicker while the scoreboard is visible.

Long overdue, considering out-of-body teleport only makes sense with enemies, not allies. (and ever since there was teleport-to-ally you could also change the teleport target in code)
Old 05-26-2015 , 14:48   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.3 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #28

For hale redux (dunno if you threw this in to stuff), since you use hudtext in think hooks that run every frame, I added code that disables the hud for a couple of frames (like 0.05s or something) if IN_SCORE is detected because it'll still flicker in think hooks if you don't....

Just making sure as that should be good enough for making it never flicker with IN_SCORE.
Old 05-26-2015 , 19:06   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.3 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #29

I kept that part in when I added your stuff for the hale redux. Though keep in mind that code doesn't "run every frame", since I essentially turn global Floats into pseudo-timers in pretty much all my code. That said, since my HUDs on both run on 0.2 second intervals, there's still the brief potential for flicker shortly after IN_SCORE is pressed. Not really anything you can do except minimize it with smaller intervals.

Last edited by sarysa; 05-26-2015 at 19:06.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2015 , 23:28   Re: [Abilities] Dynamic Defaults + GLIDE v1.1.3 (now with dynamic_stunsg)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
Though keep in mind that code doesn't "run every frame"
OnGameFrame() anyone?

Clunkier then PreThink, but it actually does execute code per frame(Well, per defined server frame) which is why it's the most taxing thing you could use

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 05-26-2015 at 23:28.