Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?

Post New Thread Reply   

blood2k
Old 08-09-2023 , 08:47   What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #1

Being as how a lot of the ABD plugins floating around are from 2010, what's everyone using?
I'm looking to just show the bullet damage we do on the enemy in-sight, and not showing it through wall spams or nades.

However, I've tested a few versions on here, 1 by Sn!ffer and 1 by Connor. Then there's a very fancy one on here with a bunch of options of how you want the HUD letters to display, in a circle.. or different colors.

Is there anyone who can recommend which ABD is SIMPLE and does what I mentioned? No damage through walls and no damage by nades.

Sn!ffers current ABD is technically supposed to do what I ask, but sometimes it doesnt show any damage when you clearly shoot people in your line of sight, might be old/outdated?
Siska1
Old 08-09-2023 , 12:52   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #2

I use a regame from where I can adjust if I want the grenade and wall options.
Every bullet damage has worked flawlessly for me for years and i never have any problems with dozens of bullet damage plugins.
As for shooting through walls and showing damage, usually plugins have this option, if your plugin doesn't have it, just download another one from the internet.
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2023 , 22:03   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #3

You mention a "fancy one" but only complain about unimportant things. Does that mean that that plugin does exactly what you want? If yes, how do you expect to know what plugin it is?

Also, providing links to each of the plugins you tried would be very helpful for 1) referencing the plugin code and 2) help minimize the chance of suggesting a plugin that you've already tried.

Last edited by fysiks; 08-09-2023 at 22:04.
blood2k
Old 08-09-2023 , 23:54   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You mention a "fancy one" but only complain about unimportant things. Does that mean that that plugin does exactly what you want? If yes, how do you expect to know what plugin it is?

Also, providing links to each of the plugins you tried would be very helpful for 1) referencing the plugin code and 2) help minimize the chance of suggesting a plugin that you've already tried.

I'm just looking for a simple hud message when hitting enemies in line of sight, but not when nading or wall spamming. Not looking for anything else than that.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=789735 (Using this one, but after disabling bullet damage through walls, it now sometimes doesn't even show damage when an enemy is in your line of sight)

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1421505 (Didn't try this one yet, but has too many extra features like players can enable/disable bullet damage. adjusting RGB of message, style.. etc not needed)

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...921#post719921 (Doesn't look like it supports hiding damage dealt through walls?)
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2023 , 00:17   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #5

If a plugin has the features you need regardless of your opinion about "extra features", try it anyways. If you can find a plugin with a bunch of features that you don't want but works the way that you want, it's much easier to remove those features than it is to write a new plugin.
Old 08-10-2023 , 05:03   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #6

In no way does it prevent you from using the plugin with the extra options for you. It won't load the server more, nor will cvars bother you.
Old 08-10-2023 , 15:25   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #7

Got it, I was under the impression the simpler/less code, the cleaner and better performance.
I'm not a coder so I might be wrong. I'll just disable what's not needed.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2023 , 22:15   Re: What's everyone using for advance bullet dmg?
Reply With Quote #8

You can never assume that less code equates to better performance in any application.