12% 

[L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack

Post New Thread Reply   

zaviier
Old 07-09-2019 , 11:13   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
hmm i believe it only works on human players, i'll check the code when i have time. it should give players items onfirst spawn only...
ah i see, can you change it so bot can get first spawn item too?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-12-2019 , 21:22   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaviier View Post
ah i see, can you change it so bot can get first spawn item too?
It is possible however...it's not something i'm willing to do at the moment. Bots are constantly recreated so if u go idle and then come back...its a different bot, not the one who took u over for idle and im sure other scenarios too. basically the way it works now every time u go idle the bot replacing u would always get the first spawn items because they technically just first spawned...it is possible and if i have time i will do something about it.
theproperson
Old 10-25-2019 , 08:51   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #93

I keep having an issue where if a player dies they will drop a medkit. Even players who have never picked up a medkit will seem to drop 1 on death, it's especially annoying since a free extra kit gives a pretty big advantage and rewards a team for letting a player die. I have made sure to check that all starting items given by the backpack plugin are disabled. Also been noticing that the backpack has been breaking maybe once a chapter for me and my players when carrying multiple grenades. Often times we will have 3 in inventory, throw 1 and then the other 2 grenades disappear like they were never picked up. It has never happened with the medkit slot, very rarely happens with the pills slot, but happens pretty often with the grenade slot.

Last edited by theproperson; 10-25-2019 at 08:56. Reason: more specifics
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-25-2019 , 08:58   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproperson View Post
I keep having an issue where if a player dies they will drop a medkit. Even players who have never picked up a medkit will seem to drop 1 on death, it's especially annoying since a free extra kit gives a pretty big advantage and rewards a team for letting a player die. I have made sure to check that all starting items given by the backpack plugin are disabled. Also been noticing that the backpack has been breaking maybe once a chapter for me and my players when carrying multiple grenades. Often times we will have 3 in inventory, throw 1 and then the other 2 grenades disappear like they were never picked up.
I've never seen this happen...nor has it been reported in the months this plugin was updated. If others can confirm this I will look into it, I'm betting another plugin your using is causing the issue. Try removing all other plugins except backpack and test to see if it still happens. Other than that this plugin will no longer be supported, a new better plugin I've made will be releasing sometime in the future which includes all weapons.
theproperson
Old 10-25-2019 , 09:24   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
I've never seen this happen...nor has it been reported in the months this plugin was updated. If others can confirm this I will look into it, I'm betting another plugin your using is causing the issue. Try removing all other plugins except backpack and test to see if it still happens. Other than that this plugin will no longer be supported, a new better plugin I've made will be releasing sometime in the future which includes all weapons.
Already removed everything else. I've even ran the server with only this plugin. But don't worry about it too much, I'll wait for the better plugin later.
KRUTIK
Old 11-02-2019 , 11:35   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #96

In version 1.3, the pharmacy treats you and the defibrillator constantly falls out, although there is no defibrillator in the backpack, the server crashes.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 11-02-2019 , 14:15   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUTIK View Post
In version 1.3, the pharmacy treats you and the defibrillator constantly falls out, although there is no defibrillator in the backpack, the server crashes.
what does the pharmacy treats you mean? I've not seen this behavior before....can u be more specific?
KRUTIK
Old 11-04-2019 , 01:48   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #98

When a player uses a pharmacy, a defibrillator drops from the backpack, although it is not in the backpack.
sonic155
Old 01-03-2020 , 17:34   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #99

with l4d2_backpack_v1.0.
whenever a player gives another survivor [bot/human] a throwble or drug the bag bugs out and you have to manually have to !bp to open the bag and pull out something and this also bugs the player from grabbing more of said type throwble or drug

if I give pills to coach my bag doesnt give me another pill or shot even though I have more in it I have to !bp to open the bag and pull them out myself

it also makes it to where I can pick up more pills as it says I have 2 of 2 even though I just handed coach one of my pills

~~~~~~~~~~~
on another note how can I change the text for vomitjar

I have it set to 1 bile only ~so players dont over use it~
but it keeps saying 1 / 2
even though I have it set to only 1 o.o
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-07-2020 , 08:55   Re: [L4D2] Oshroth's Backpack
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic155 View Post
with l4d2_backpack_v1.0.
whenever a player gives another survivor [bot/human] a throwble or drug the bag bugs out and you have to manually have to !bp to open the bag and pull out something and this also bugs the player from grabbing more of said type throwble or drug

if I give pills to coach my bag doesnt give me another pill or shot even though I have more in it I have to !bp to open the bag and pull them out myself

it also makes it to where I can pick up more pills as it says I have 2 of 2 even though I just handed coach one of my pills

~~~~~~~~~~~
on another note how can I change the text for vomitjar

I have it set to 1 bile only ~so players dont over use it~
but it keeps saying 1 / 2
even though I have it set to only 1 o.o
To be honest I no longer have much free time and have lost my interest in coding for l4d2. Eventually i may come back to this but don't hold your breath.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 01-07-2020 at 08:57.