3% 

[ANY] Ambient Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2015 , 10:16   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #21

sm 1.6.1
L 03/16/2015 - 15:12:17: [SM] Unable to load plugin "ambient.smx": Native "FMI_GetRandomSound" was not found

mhm.

i did not download this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...05468?t=205468
is that really nessesary? dont see how that one is related to the native getrandomsound

Last edited by Robin955; 03-16-2015 at 10:18.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2015 , 12:12   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #22

@Robin955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
Chesterfield
Old 03-25-2015 , 16:07   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #23

Plugin seems to load, but, it doesn't play any sound, in error log it says.

Code:
[filesmanagementinterface.smx] openDirFromNative::Couldn't find directory 'music/zr/ambientkilling'

L
The folder is created already in my csgo folder, even i tried to change the path, it always says that the folder can't be finded.

Do i need to "do" something with the other plugin? "filemanagerinterface"

Any help? thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Chesterfield; 03-25-2015 at 17:48.
qiuhaian
Old 03-27-2015 , 10:06   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #24

csgo can not work
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-27-2015 , 12:05   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by qiuhaian View Post
csgo can not work
Any errors ?
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
Chesterfield
Old 03-27-2015 , 12:18   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
Any errors ?
Doesn't show any error from ambient.smx the only error that says in the log is this

Code:
[filesmanagementinterface.smx] openDirFromNative::Couldn't find directory 'music/zr/ambientkilling'

L
I've asked Franscisco in private he said that it may be something from that plugin which isn't making his plugin to work correctly.

In resume, plugin doesn't give any error, all the menus are correctly shown from !settings and the plugin seems to load fine because it appears in the sm plugin list but it doesn't load any sound and the other plugin that is required (filemanagerinterface) gives error.

Last edited by Chesterfield; 03-27-2015 at 12:19.
RedSword
Old 03-27-2015 , 14:59   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #27

Hey Chesterfield,

I just tested my Random Join Sound, which also uses the same interface as Francisco's plugin, and got it to work under both CSS/CSGO.

What mod are you using ?

Where are your sounds located ?

The error message you have is pretty much straight forward : the directory 'music/zr/ambientkilling' doesn't exist. You possibly want sound/music/zr/ambientkilling.

Red

EDIT : Also, if you feel I could have done something different on my side (I did the interface plugin), please tell me. (I.e. say something in particular, somewhere.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

Last edited by RedSword; 03-27-2015 at 15:02.
Chesterfield
Old 03-27-2015 , 15:38   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Hey Chesterfield,

I just tested my Random Join Sound, which also uses the same interface as Francisco's plugin, and got it to work under both CSS/CSGO.

What mod are you using ?

Where are your sounds located ?

The error message you have is pretty much straight forward : the directory 'music/zr/ambientkilling' doesn't exist. You possibly want sound/music/zr/ambientkilling.

Red

EDIT : Also, if you feel I could have done something different on my side (I did the interface plugin), please tell me. (I.e. say something in particular, somewhere.)
Okay now it seems to work, i changed this sm_cvar sm_ambientsounds_folder "/music/zr/ambientkilling" to this sm_cvar sm_ambientsounds_folder "sound/music/zr/ambientkilling" (added sound) now it works, but, here's the new problem, i only hear this music when i enter to the server, but, after the round ends, the music won't load anymore, so basically i only can hear it if i join to the server (like it was a join server sound) but later i won't hear it anymore.

I only have 1 file in my ambientkilling folder, maybe is because of that?
RedSword
Old 03-27-2015 , 15:56   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #29

By "Round ending" I presume you mean the moment where players are being respawned so a new round can begin (I say that because the round_start is right after player spawned, and round_end is when a team win; so there is a few seconds of "overtime") in CSS.

Round ending cuts all sounds on all different channels used by the game IIRC.

You can kind of understand that (only on one channel though) without any plugins : play in a game. When a team win, type "play aSoundSubFolder/aSound.mp3" and press "enter" just before the round restarts (you may need quotes if the file contains some special characters). The sound being played will be cut-off (you better try with a long .mp3).

Red
Kill Assist
Be Medic

Last edited by RedSword; 03-27-2015 at 15:58.
Chesterfield
Old 03-27-2015 , 17:24   Re: [ANY] Ambient Sounds v1.2
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
By "Round ending" I presume you mean the moment where players are being respawned so a new round can begin (I say that because the round_start is right after player spawned, and round_end is when a team win; so there is a few seconds of "overtime") in CSS.

Round ending cuts all sounds on all different channels used by the game IIRC.

You can kind of understand that (only on one channel though) without any plugins : play in a game. When a team win, type "play aSoundSubFolder/aSound.mp3" and press "enter" just before the round restarts (you may need quotes if the file contains some special characters). The sound being played will be cut-off (you better try with a long .mp3).

Red
Sorry for my ignorance but i really wasn't abble to understand what you tried to say to me, i'm using this plugin for CS:GO not for CS:S (Sorry if i didn't mention this) and, the bug that i have is that when player connects to the server he can hear the music that this plugin plays, not when the round starts, they only hear when they connect (even if the match started 5 mins ago) but, when the round ends and it starts again, no sound can be heared.

This plugin should automatically play ambient sounds all the time, that is it's purpose, but it doesn't do it, it only plays the ambient sound when players connect to the server, but after the round ends, it doesn't play anything else.

Hope i explained myself well! and thanks alot for your help Red!

Last edited by Chesterfield; 03-27-2015 at 17:28.