Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-18-2014 , 11:36   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
The entire web upload is in the subdomain stats.skvrs.com

edit -
The scripts folder is outside of the subdomain folder and is in the root folder
So where did you upload the hlstats.pl and other files that were found in the scripts folder of the HLStats install ZIP? Because the scripts folder you just showed us doesn't contain the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
I also don't know which other user I could possibly log in as
You shouldn't be doing anything as Root. You should always create a second account

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:03   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
So where did you upload the hlstats.pl and other files that were found in the scripts folder of the HLStats install ZIP? Because the scripts folder you just showed us doesn't contain the files.

You shouldn't be doing anything as Root. You should always create a second account
The entire scripts folder was uploaded straight from the download to the root directory of my site.
Also i just made another account.
YamiKaitou
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:09   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #34

So then you need look in that scripts folder and run the hlstats.pl file found there. I don't understand how you cannot find the file anymore when you were looking at it earlier

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:13   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
So then you need look in that scripts folder and run the hlstats.pl file found there. I don't understand how you cannot find the file anymore when you were looking at it earlier
You seen the picture from my putty login and I was in the scripts folder. I'm assuming that when I login i am in the root directory so wouldnt cd /scripts take me to that folder? How would I get to another scripts folder?
YamiKaitou
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:16   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #36

I'm amazed you lost the files. Look at your cronjob, that should give you some idea of where to start looking

Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:19   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
I'm amazed you lost the files. Look at your cronjob, that should give you some idea of where to start looking
I haven't lost any files, I can still see the correct scripts folder in the root directory AND the correct files in said folder when I am using my FTP. Also, this is the cronjob

*/5 * * * * cd /scripts && ./run_hlstats start
YamiKaitou
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:22   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #38

But, you cannot see the files in the /root/scripts folder, which means that either you are looking in the wrong folder or you have lost the files.

SSH into your server as the user you are logging into FTP, then find the scripts folder.

Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2014 , 12:24   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
But, you cannot see the files in the /root/scripts folder, which means that either you are looking in the wrong folder or you have lost the files.

SSH into your server as the user you are logging into FTP, then find the scripts folder.
Access denied with that user
YamiKaitou
Old 03-18-2014 , 13:46   Re: Stats page showing 0/0 players
Reply With Quote #40

Phaiz contacted me via PM for assistance. I figured I would post my response here so that someone else could assist since I don't know how to proceed further (I found the correct scripts folder, it is giving an error about missing Perl Modules, which I am not familiar with how to install them on a cPanel/WHM based server)

The files is owned by user serversk and the scripts folder is located at /home/serversk/scripts. You can access this user's SSH session by logging in as Root and then using the command `su - serversk`

When I manually try to run hlstats.pl, I get the following message
Code:
[email protected] [~/scripts]# ./hlstats.pl
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/serversk/perl5/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval 7) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Proxy, SQLite, Sponge.
 at .//HLstats.plib line 152
This tells me that you are missing some Perl modules. I personally don't know exactly what to do to resolve it as I have the same issue on my server (it also has cPanel/WHM) and I have not looked into resolving it as I am moving it to a different machine (one without cPanel/WHM). I know I got it working with cPanel at one point, but it stopped after I rebooted the server once

I also tested your firewall, I was able to successfully communicate with a server, so that is fine.

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 03-18-2014 at 13:46.