Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

failed to dlopen cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server.so

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jawesome99
Old 04-13-2024 , 22:27   failed to dlopen cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/linux64/server.so
Reply With Quote #1

Hello folks, unfortunately a Google and Forum search haven't brought me very far, so I'm creating a post here.

I'm attempting to install Metamod and SourceMod into my CS:S server, however, when loading the server I get the following error:

Code:
server_srv.so loaded for "Counter-Strike: Source"
 failed to dlopen /home/emosewaj/gs/cs-source/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/server.so error=/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/emosewaj/gs/cs-source/cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/server.so)
Now, this error seems quite similar to one of the common issues listed on the installation guide:

Quote:
  • An error indicating that it could not be loaded because "/path/to/server_install/bin/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_7.0.0` not found (required by /some_system_path_to/libstdc++.so.6". This is because Valve ships their own copies of those libraries. As modern systems will have newer versions, you can safely delete the listed file from the server install. Do not delete the file in the system path (usually "lib" or "lib32").
However, since the indicated file in the server install is "metamod/bin/server.so" I probably shouldn't delete that one.

I also tried running the "apt install gcc-multilib" command listed in the solution below this one, however my system already has the latest version of that package installed.

I'm running this on a dedicated Linux server running Debian 10 with amd64 architecture.

I'm not really sure how to continue, any help would be greatly appreciated!