Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Works just like the original smoker cloud damage but this time it is created by a hunter...
    Old 07-19-2020 , 05:22   [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #1

Well after weeks of people complaining about smoker cloud damage which I personally LOVE, I told them if they don't stop crying I am forced to give them hunter cloud damage.

Well, more whining occured, so here it is...

Mother Russia's best invention ever, the thing you never wanted but got.

HUNTER CLOUD DAMAGE.

Have fun.

Version History
    1.0.0 - Initial Release

Description:
    Works just like the original smoker cloud damage but this time it is created by a hunter...

CVARS:
    l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_enabled (default 1)
    l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_damage (default 2.5) - Damage dealt every 2 seconds
    l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_time (default 10) - how long the damage effect persists
    l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_radius (default 150) - how wide the damage area is
    l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_sound (default player/survivor/voice/choke_5.wav) - link to the soundfile. You may only use those supplied with l4d
    l4d_hunter_cloud_meleeslow_enabled (default 1) - Being in a smoker cloud causes Melee Fatigue
    l4d_hunter_cloud_message_enabled (default 1) - 0 means disabled, 1 means small HUD Hint, 2 means big HUD Hint, 3 equals a Chat Notification to the victim
    l4d_hunter_cloud_shake_enabled (default 1) - adds a dizzying HUD shake effect when coughing
    l4d_hunter_cloud_blocks_revive (default 1) - setting to stop reviving in a cloud
    l4d_hunter_cloud_gamemodesactive (default "versus,teamversus,realism") - Set the gamemodes for which the plugin should be activated (same usage as sv_gametypes, i.e. add all game modes where you want it active separated by comma)

Installation instructions:
    Click 'Get Plugin' button, place SMX in the sourcemod plugins folder. Or compile it yourself.

Dependencies:
    none

Plans:
    none atm

Credits:
    Based on:
    AtomicStrykers Left 4 Dead Cloud Damage (Ernecios Version)
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96665
    plus code snippets for cloud creation by Mortiegamas L4D2 - Noxious Smoker https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=234442
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_1.0.sp - 872 views - 13.7 KB)

Last edited by finishlast; 07-19-2020 at 05:23.
    eyal282
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-19-2020 , 07:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #2

Spitter toxic cloud when

Discord: Eyal282#1334
    finishlast
    Old 07-19-2020 , 07:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #3

Or Witch Cloud Damage with instant death. o0
    Old 05-19-2021 , 05:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #4

I loved the plugin but I ask you a question. Could the hunter also explode leaving the toxic gas? ... I have changed the particles and I put them "weapon_pipebomb" and "tankwall_concrete" and it seems that it will explode and leave the toxic smoke. But in reality the gas only hurts. I would like it to explode so it hurts with the explosion and the gas as a residue. Greetings
    Sorry for the English I use a translator.
    finishlast
    Old 05-20-2021 , 12:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #5

If you want damage by explosion I suggest you take a look how the "boomer splash damage" plugin works.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=98794

You can take the damage part and adapt it for hunter.
    Old 06-21-2021 , 06:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by finishlast View Post
    If you want damage by explosion I suggest you take a look how the "boomer splash damage" plugin works.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=98794

You can take the damage part and adapt it for hunter.
    What happens is that I do not know about sourcepawn, that is the problem I see the code and I understand something but not much since I do not have anyone to teach me at least to understand better :llorar:
    Diabolik001
    Old 06-21-2021 , 07:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #7

well I don't know about sourcepawn, but I see the code and I understand something by guessing. And here I made a modification, it makes the hunter make an explosion sound and the smoke is from the pipeboom. It does not give an error, but I would like if someone can add that it really explodes like "l4d_rock" that pushes and does damage controlled by CVARS Ex: explosive_damage 20, explosive_radius 150, explosive_pushforce 300 ... I hope the creator reads me, or if Someone can make this modification, I would appreciate it very much, I leave the modified one and inside it says where to add the code. Greetings.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_hunter_cloud_damage_1.0.sp - 202 views - 14.6 KB)
    Silvers
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 06-22-2021 , 14:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cloud Damage 1.0.0 [19-July-2020]
    Reply With Quote #8

Hi, a few suggestions:

In "PlayerDeath" it's probably faster to check "GetConVarBool(CloudEnabled)" before you get the players model and do string checks. StrContains is also inefficient, get the whole hunter model name and match that instead.

Again in "HookSound_Callback" using "StrContains" is very inefficient because this is triggered so often. It's better to use "strcmp" and match the whole sound filename.

You should be writing the clients UserID to the datapack, and retrieving and verifying that userid in the timer callback. See the [TUT] thread in my signature for more details on how to correctly use timers with client indexes and userids. Otherwise you run the risk of throwing errors if the client has disconnected, or affecting the wrong person if they disconnect and someone else connects taking their client index.

The "DeleteParticles" timer and callback is really bad practice. You again run the risk of deleting entities you did not intend. What you should do use pass the entity reference to the timer, or better still use this to delete entities after X seconds.

PHP Code:
    void InputKill(int entityfloat time)
    {

char temp[40];

Format(tempsizeof(temp), "OnUser4 !self:Kill::%f:-1"time);

SetVariantString(temp);

AcceptEntityInput(entity"AddOutput");

AcceptEntityInput(entity"FireUser4");

This code "attacker < MaxClients" should be "attacker <= MaxClients".

Doing "CheckGamemode" over and over on player_death is also inefficient. If the gamemode is not valid then do "UnhookEvent" and hook when it's allowed. See any of my plugins for a fool proof way to hook/unhook depending if the plugin/gamemode is enabled.

This was just a quick glance over. I haven't checked any of your other plugins but suggest you review them also and read the best practices and common mistakes in the [TUT] thread from my signature.